Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray's back

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
He could have gone somewhere else. Anywhere else.

Not if Palace were the only club to make him a concrete offer - the man has got to make a living like the rest of us and we should get over it and welcome him back. He showed us great respect by not celebrating any of the goals he scored against us and let's not forget that it is rumoured he never wanted to leave in the first place but Gus didn't want him.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Not if Palace were the only club to make him a concrete offer - the man has got to make a living like the rest of us and we should get over it and welcome him back. He showed us great respect by not celebrating any of the goals he scored against us and let's not forget that it is rumoured he never wanted to leave in the first place but Gus didn't want him.

An out of contract player with his record would have been able to drum up several offers. It's his choice how and where he makes his living. But I don't have to want him back.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
An out of contract player with his record would have been able to drum up several offers. It's his choice how and where he makes his living. But I don't have to want him back.

I'd rather have a proper crack at promotion than be petty over who he has played for.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

He obviously had a decent offer from Palace on the table, and it was a move he could make without even having to uproot his family. No brainer.

Seriously, whats he supposed to do ? Say "oh no, I can't sign for them because thats the Brighton fans main rivals" ?? Get real, how childish would that be. We brought him from Rochdale, he had no past association with us, he didn't come up through the ranks here, he's not "one of our own". He's just another professional footballer who made a career move - he owed us NOTHING.

Some fans seriously need to get over this notion that players are like fans. They're not. They're just passing through, looking to maximise their earnings in the few short years they've got before they're on the scrapheap. Like every single one of us would do were we in his position.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Anyway I thought it was his misses that made him join palace? Stupid broads

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Seriously, whats he supposed to do ? Say "oh no, I can't sign for them because thats the Brighton fans main rivals" ?? Get real, how childish would that be. We brought him from Rochdale, he had no past association with us, he didn't come up through the ranks here, he's not "one of our own". He's just another professional footballer who made a career move - he owed us NOTHING.

You're misunderstanding me. He decided to sign for Palace - fine. That's his choice. I just don't want him back here. My opinion.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I'm not saying this is going to happen BUT that twitter account seems to be.....a bit like football rumours .com , the things they got right they got right AFTER it appeared in the press.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm not saying this is going to happen BUT that twitter account seems to be.....a bit like football rumours .com , the things they got right they got right AFTER it appeared in the press.
Yeah a mate of mine said it looked a bit bollox

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
He obviously had a decent offer from Palace on the table, and it was a move he could make without even having to uproot his family. No brainer.

Some fans seriously need to get over this notion that players are like fans. They're not. They're just passing through, looking to maximise their earnings in the few short years they've got before they're on the scrapheap. Like every single one of us would do were we in his position.

Very well said.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Although it has more followers than most.
Tbf Bozza confirmed its a possinitly months ago. The Argus caught up a few months later probably via a call from GM's agent. This account is prob just following up or guessing based on rumours that have been circulating here for ages. Or even a private message from an NSCer - or genuinely ITK somehow. Who knows..? All I know is NSC posters worked out the date of 26th Feb aaaages ago :)

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

Utter bollox, I can't ever imagine a scenario where HB&B would turn out for Palace.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I detest the fact he went there on a free. I detest the fact he's a bit of an oddball - also staying living here when playing for them - although I guess football had moved on these days... I can't forgive him for that yet & don't buy the excuses some give him - I've hated him since he joined them. BUT I will put that aside & give him my 100% support if he comes back. I also think he'd be just what we need at this stage & much better than what we have. So I'd like him back & I may forgive & forget if he performs - promotion or not. Just my opinion...

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Absolutely nothing on Albions official page or on Sky Sports if he signed today that would mean he couldnt play in the Final at Wembley were we to be in one.
However if he officially signed on Friday he would be eligible.
This is just hearsay at the moment off a website no better than transfer rumours I would imagine.
Would be great if it was true but will wait till our own club announce officially first.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
We have nothing to forgive Murray for it was our Boards descision to insult him with a derisory offer after the guy had just fired the club into the Championship.
Palarse apparently only gave him what he was wanting from us which was around £2.5k more than he was already getting.
Serves our Board right. Not Murray's fault in any way. And boy did we suffer for it too eh ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One of the reasons I'd love this to be true is because even though Palace look like staying up for another season since he left them none of their strikers have been able to score. Better than Chamakh, more effective than Fraizer Campbell and Connor Wickham.

Before the start of this season I posted that the Albion had lost its soul and could do well to re-sign Sidwell, Zamora, Murray and McShane. Unbelievably we look like having 3 of the 4 back in our ranks by the end of this week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here