Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great singles 1979-1983

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Did you spot the kids from fame sitting in around the set on this episode of ToTP? :) I’ll raise you this therefore and anyone not booing their eyes out by the end is probably that cat killer! (Lydia, my first onscreen crush...such happy carefree days. Before heartbreak. Before sadness. Before those DARK days to come...:tumble:)

https://youtu.be/qVm_6zXwnrA
:thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Ths is also stunning (and it is 'son' not 'sun'. Yes..... Christians!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzqHQ8SKPSs

Probably the best Christian pop ever made. And I say that as an athiest.

Not that great but I agree that there is some very awesome christian music oot there.

Which reminds me of a restaurant mostly in America owned by a very ultra right christian conservative, called Chic-fil-a (chic-fil-a (long)). They use cows to advertise their product because that signals that they want people to eat chiken (everyone knows cows can't spell) instead of hamburger meat.

In a recent movie, the title I can't remember right now, they call a restaurant chain "Christian Chicken" as a mimic of Chic-fil-a.

Also they give up all Sunday sales by closing on Sundays. That's a lot of profit for an extremely popular restaurant amoung Trump supporters.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Now that's a bit strange, because I saw them perform a whole 'secret' gig at the Marquee when they performed as "Cult Hero" with some large bloke (supposedly their postman) on lead vocals. Never realised that the cure actually admitted to it.

When I posted that I didn't notice it said The Cure. As far as I'm aware Cult Hero was Tolhurst and Porl Thompson (and the postman?)
My memory is rubbish though and it is a long time ago

boik

When I posted that I didn't notice it said The Cure. As far as I'm aware Cult Hero was Tolhurst and Porl Thompson (and the postman?)
My memory is rubbish though and it is a long time ago
Mr Smith was definitely there, playing guitar and hiding at the back. Simon Gallup played bass. I was invited by simons girlfriend who I worked with. I didn’t know porl Thompson at the time so wouldn’t have recognised him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

A song written about being 16 in the late 70’s in Scotland, the mines have been closed, as has the shipyard, so you join the army and its the first time you’ve been away from home.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not that great but I agree that there is some very awesome christian music oot there.

Which reminds me of a restaurant mostly in America owned by a very ultra right christian conservative, called Chic-fil-a (chic-fil-a (long)). They use cows to advertise their product because that signals that they want people to eat chiken (everyone knows cows can't spell) instead of hamburger meat.

In a recent movie, the title I can't remember right now, they call a restaurant chain "Christian Chicken" as a mimic of Chic-fil-a.

Also they give up all Sunday sales by closing on Sundays. That's a lot of profit for an extremely popular restaurant amoung Trump supporters.

Not that great?It is an awesome track. Way ahead of its time ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here