Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ultimate REFERENDUM thread

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have to say it WOULD be quite nice to turn up at LGW immigration and not have to queue up with people from a couple of dozen other countries for an annoying amount of time just to get back into your own country. Tho I'm sure citizens of every other EU member nation feel pretty much the same.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Need to change the date of the vote, as I will be off to Arundel for day 2 of the Sussex v Northamptonshire match
Don't worry, Northants will have wrapped it up by close of day 2 so you will still have several hours left to vote.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I see Sky are more interesting in discovering which cabinet members are voting out than actually discussing the merits advantages/disadvantages of both positions. There is nothing like keeping the public informed on rather a crucial issue but I guess that is not their job.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I'm not sure you are right there Trigg I don't think we have a great deal to export that isn't dependant on us being in Europe - eg we get to assemble and sell cars to Europe because we can do this free of import export duties. If we come out of Europe then say Toyota won't give us the cars to make because if we sell them to Europe they will be liable to import taxes (won't they???)

And I'm not worried about terrorism I'm more worried about countries like Russia who are sabre rattling at Europe to scare off interference in conflict areas like Ukraine and Syria - we might have a fantastic army but it terms of weapons and size we are tiny

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm not sure you are right there Trigg I don't think we have a great deal to export that isn't dependant on us being in Europe - eg we get to assemble and sell cars to Europe because we can do this free of import export duties. If we come out of Europe then say Toyota won't give us the cars to make because if we sell them to Europe they will be liable to import taxes (won't they???)

And I'm not worried about terrorism I'm more worried about countries like Russia who are sabre rattling at Europe to scare off interference in conflict areas like Ukraine and Syria - we might have a fantastic army but it terms of weapons and size we are tiny

Have you heard of an organisation called NATO? It has nothing to do with the EU and benefits from having US membership which is worth more than all our European allies combined.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Have you heard of an organisation called NATO? It has nothing to do with the EU and benefits from having US membership which is worth more than all our European allies combined.

These is a view (to which I don't subscribe) that leaving NATO would be prudent. The thinking being that if Russia turns it's sights towards the Baltic states (which, like Ukraine, have a lot of people who consider themselves Russian), NATO is duty-bound to act and we could get dragged into a hot (and possibly dirty) war.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

And it has been so effective in stopping Russia in Ukraine so far hasn't it?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
These is a view (to which I don't subscribe) that leaving NATO would be prudent. The thinking being that if Russia turns it's sights towards the Baltic states (which, like Ukraine, have a lot of people who consider themselves Russian), NATO is duty-bound to act and we could get dragged into a hot (and possibly dirty) war.

Those thinking that have no understanding of history, specifically European history and should look up the term appeasement. NATO is the bedrock of Western security.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Oh Yes nato - remind me where they fought in the Falklands only I can't remember. NATO only helps member states that are attacked in The North Atlantic and it's been pretty ineffective in stopping Russia and North Korea to the extent that many people now question whether it would/could come to the aid of a small member like say Lithuania let alone in a major escalation

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Ukraine were a member of NATO Russia would not be interfering in it's internal affairs. But it isn't so rather unfair to criticize it.
Absolutely.

However, maybe not. If we see Putler's little green men in Estonia then I pray the US back us up, otherwise it's the end of days.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Possibly one of the worst results will be something like 51%/49% either to stay in or leave, would be interesting!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here