Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Champix: Anyone tried and succeeded with it?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I have now gone 15 weeks, 105 days, without a fag. Easily the longest I have not smoked since I first started some 35 years ago.

Champix works :thumbsup:

Lush

Mods' Pet
The enjoying it is the problem. I have given up for 2-5 years over the last 20. I am currently two years into not smoking again, but cannot deny enjoying the smell of a newly lit fag as I walk behind someone smoking.

Living in a typical Brighton house smack bang next to the pavement, I really enjoy the occasional waft of cigarette smoke that comes through the open window this time of year.

I have never smoked a cigarette in my life.

Enjoying the odd waft of cigarette smoke shouldn't send you into a panic that you're not yet 'over it'. Just enjoy the nice smell and move on.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
wanted to give up--tried several times over 36 years, had to watch my uncle die from lack of lung power through smoking ,before I was determined enough and still needed champix to do it !.
I would say im a very strong person mentally --but crikey fags have really got u by the gonads, was surprised that my own brain was my worst enemy-it kept telling me just one more -your be ok !!!!.
so champix managed what I couldn't , yes there were odd dreams and provided I didn't get blind drunk there weren't that bad, but however you do it---just do it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here