Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney out for 2 Months.

Hughton

Feb 13, 2016
I have complete confidence that wilson is not ready for MUFC first team, I think he is with us and he could prove to be a great little player

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Isn't Vardy's game about pace and quick counterattack. Is that how you see England playing?

Not necessarily counter attacking but moving from defence to attack a lot quicker than Hodgson tends to do. His teams are to slow at moving the ball around and his style is very predictable. That works when playing the Slovenia's and Macedonia's but not the Portugals, Gemany's and Italy's

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If Wilson were playing well enough to justify a recall to Manchester United, I think we'd be very pleased. He isn't.

Mind you, LVG has made some very strange decisions since going to Old Trafford, so maybe we can't take anything for granted.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can't seem to find anything - have you got a link to it pls?

Probably need to listen to his full press conference. Most reports (one example below) seem to be noting that he confirmed he has the option, but none of them that I can find indicate he confirmed either way. Wilson doesn't seem to figure in his immediate plans though as only his other options are referred to.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/495312/Wayne-Rooney-injury-out-six-weeks-Manchester-United

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Probably need to listen to his full press conference. Most reports (one example below) seem to be noting that he confirmed he has the option, but none of them that I can find indicate he confirmed either way. Wilson doesn't seem to figure in his immediate plans though as only his other options are referred to.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/495312/Wayne-Rooney-injury-out-six-weeks-Manchester-United

see this tweet from metro's football writer

[tweet]700018177846153216[/tweet]

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
They have the Manchester expert on Talksport this morning who backs up the above and they wont recall him - they have Keane and Martial to play in the middle and a number of number 10s.

I can see united finishing the season 6/7th

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The Argus have finally picked up on it.

Albion are set to retain James Wilson for the rest of the season - despite Manchester United losing Wayne Rooney.
United chief Louis van Gaal has no plans to recall striker Wilson from his spell at the Amex, with Rooney ruled out for six weeks by knee ligament damage.
Van Gaal said: "At this point I can call James Wilson back, but I have possibilities with Will Keane and Anthony Martial."
Wilson, ill over Christmas and ruled out of Albion's last two matches by a minor groin problem, is expected to be available for Saturday's game at Cardiff.
He has scored three goals in 11 appearances so far for the Seagulls.
via http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14286517.Wilson_set_to_stay_put_with_Albion_after_Rooney_injury/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here