Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney out for 2 Months.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I wouldn't wish an injury on any player, but while he's out it will be interesting to see how Man U and England (two friendlies vs Germany and Holland at the end of March) play without him.

With the number of attacking players making a good case for inclusion in the England first team at present I would like to see them play in a team which is not built around Rooney. I imagine they might do better without him but time will tell. Not sure about the impact on ManU but players like Martial and Lingard will probably relish the opportunity to show what they can do.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I don't know if you noticed, but John Barnes was dropped some time ago. But I know whnat you mean, there does seem to be an England clique that is so difficult to break into.

I also agree that Rooney is well past his best, and come the big tournaments, the ones that really matter, he seems to go awol, underperforms, or is out injured. Doubtless he will be there for the Euro finals in the summer, but after that, and as well build for the next World Cup, it's time for fresh faces.

Wellbeck and Sturridge back from injury and playing at last.

If they can stay fit (A big ask for Sturridge) not sure if Rooney is guaranteed a start.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
LVG was asked about that in his presser today. He said he had "no such plans"
I actually thought he couldn't be recalled after the January window :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can be recalled at any time now. On a youth loan so after 28 days they can call him back when they want.
So what were we all talking about a few months ago? We all seemed sure that it would be a season long loan once we'd got through January.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
So in other words Rooney does not want to be associated with a poor Manchester United and the Europa Cup is way below his level, not even bothered if he plays in the summer or not, he is past his best and previous performances in Cups for England has been embarrassing, he gets what he wants, like his Man U contract, nothing more than a spoilt kid, we have some great young players which Rooney is holding back for England. I hate these undroppable England players, like John Barnes for example.
Best to leave him at home to sort his syrup out.

Or he might, you know, actually be injured...

And it's not really a syrup, is it?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think he has scored 4 goals at the Euro Finals in 2004, and just 1 goal in the World Cup Finals. I think the frustrating thing is that he is potentially very good, but has never produced it internationally at the very highest level.

And that I'm afraid, is what he will be judged upon.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wellbeck and Sturridge back from injury and playing at last.

If they can stay fit (A big ask for Sturridge) not sure if Rooney is guaranteed a start.

And perhaps without Rooney in the side, Vardy will get a chance to play up front where he belongs, not out wide where he can do little damage. Vardy and Kane as twin strikers could be quite a potent force.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I think the loan has shown without doubt that Wilson needs to be on loan and not in the prem just now

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
And that I'm afraid, is what he will be judged upon.

I suspect that when those who dislike him or ManU have moved on to other targets he is likely to be remembered as England's all- time leading scorer; ManU's all-time leading scorer: and probably the EPL's all-time leading scorer ......... and that most of those records will stand for quite a while. Respect where it has been earned. His place in history is pretty secure

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't know if you noticed, but John Barnes was dropped some time ago. But I know whnat you mean, there does seem to be an England clique that is so difficult to break into.

I also agree that Rooney is well past his best, and come the big tournaments, the ones that really matter, he seems to go awol, underperforms, or is out injured. Doubtless he will be there for the Euro finals in the summer, but after that, and as well build for the next World Cup, it's time for fresh faces.

I have a feeling that is more down to the fact that he is coming up against the best defenders in the World when you reach the finals of tournaments. People claim he is one of the best in the World. I would dispute that because the best in the World perform at that level as well. He is still a decent player but one of the best in the World...Nowhere near it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
And perhaps without Rooney in the side, Vardy will get a chance to play up front where he belongs, not out wide where he can do little damage. Vardy and Kane as twin strikers could be quite a potent force.

I agree they could BUT not under Roy Hodgson as Manager.

Both of their current Managers have them working like dogs in their current club set up. Hodgson plays such a slow tempo type of predictable style football that defenders will find them easy to snuff out. England have potentially got an outstanding group of players at the moment and with the right Manager I think they could win the European Championships but not under Hodgson they wont.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I agree they could BUT not under Roy Hodgson as Manager.

Both of their current Managers have them working like dogs in their current club set up. Hodgson plays such a slow tempo type of predictable style football that defenders will find them easy to snuff out. England have potentially got an outstanding group of players at the moment and with the right Manager I think they could win the European Championships but not under Hodgson they wont.

Isn't Vardy's game about pace and quick counterattack. Is that how you see England playing?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
LVG was asked about that in his presser today. He said he had "no such plans"

Can't seem to find anything - have you got a link to it pls?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here