Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Easily our best centre half despite a sticky spell, which he has come out of nicely.

A dodgy back pass that could've led to a penalty against Brentford plus losing Heskey for Bolton's first goal at the weekend suggests he's not out of that sticky spell yet.

Dec 29, 2011
£5m isn't expensive for a decent 24 year old English center back, I'd say it's at least the going rate. Dunk should look at what happened to Bridcutt before making any rash decisions though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i would hope being a local lad he'd reject such a move. its one thing for a journeyman from the north to go up the road after a sniff of cash, quite another for a lad born and raised in Brighton. anyway, im sure if Palace want to pay x then there are other clubs willing to pay similar.

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
I wouldn't blame him if he did move to a PL team as it's in his interest to do that. I'd probably expect a little more than £5m but not too much.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
There will continually be stories in the Press linking Lewis Dunk to other teams

WHY ????

Because I would guess he has an Agent who uses this tactic to keep his clients in the spotlight.

There is a little bit of a ''love-in'' and a ''love-out'' with other Brighton fans.

I actually think that the ones who love Lewis Dunk, actually love that fact that he is a Home Grown player, who came through the ranks of the Youth System more than a real love of his talent. There is no doubt that he is a decent player but a £5 million defender, in my opinion he is not. Every player makes mistakes but for me Lewis makes bad decisions sometimes.

These stories will continue into the summer and to be honest I hope they do because it will drive his price up and then what I would do would be to sell him and buy a better decision making defender, regardless of Promotion or not because his Agent is definitely driving for a move away from Brighton for his client

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
The fact that he has such up and down spells here, suggests that the Championship is likely his level. Maybe a lower PL club will take a punt, and if they did then they have the cash to buy big. But in reality this is his level, and if we do get promoted we may well upgrade/replace him ourselves anyway.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
There will continually be stories in the Press linking Lewis Dunk to other teams

WHY ????

Because I would guess he has an Agent who uses this tactic to keep his clients in the spotlight.

There is a little bit of a ''love-in'' and a ''love-out'' with other Brighton fans.

I actually think that the ones who love Lewis Dunk, actually love that fact that he is a Home Grown player, who came through the ranks of the Youth System more than a real love of his talent. There is no doubt that he is a decent player but a £5 million defender, in my opinion he is not. Every player makes mistakes but for me Lewis makes bad decisions sometimes.

These stories will continue into the summer and to be honest I hope they do because it will drive his price up and then what I would do would be to sell him and buy a better decision making defender, regardless of Promotion or not because his Agent is definitely driving for a move away from Brighton for his client

Spot on.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
All defenders make mistakes. Stones and Cahill do in the PL. Rio Ferdinand was notorious for losing concentration. Dunk is a real talent despite making some errors. He has the athleticism of a PL centre back. My worry about him is that he's too quiet but I still think he's one of the best centre backs in the division.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Typical Palarse, we start doing well and they want to stir it

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I am not so sure. In fact, when all fit I'd partner Goldson with the Honeymonster.

Indeed. Goldson is club captain in waiting. Mark my words. Beram maybe when GG hangs up his boots which cant be far off now. But if Goldson is here in 2 years time he will get the armband.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here