Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So how do you think StarLizard made it's money, yesterday?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They don't bet on Brighton.
Ah but STATLizard does!!

Hull City 1.90 0:1/2 2.02 Brighton & Hove Albion :shrug:

Does that mean the Albion have half a goal head start?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Can anyone tell me what 'Asia' is anticipating this afternoon as per the odds on #13.

Also what if StatLizard thinks the Albion will win v Hull 2-1 and has a spare £10,000, what would I be looking to do.

If had a spare £10,000,I wouldn't bet it on The Albion at all.

I'd actually GIVE it to you to set up your own website , and leave everyone alone on here from your 'inane, look at me shite' every two hours.

Dec 29, 2011
I understand the handicap bit. But the article [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION] posted says they can determine more precise odds. So, armed with these better odds, what do they then do? If team A win has odds of 3/1 on the Asian high street but Starlizard deem the odds to be 4/1 do they put a few quid on the Asian High Steet?

Both betting companies and star lizard use algorithms and formulas to generate odds in games. They take into account all kinds of weird and wonderful information such as crowd size, weather, manager, previous results, who's playing, who's not. Basically anything you can imagine. It doesn't matter if these variables are important or not because the computer program flags them up. I imagine they then run simulations of teams playing one another and generate odds. Doing this for games in the past they can compare the generated odds to the realy results and see how accurate the model has been and if it needs to tweak it, adding more or less weight to certain aspects of the information gathered. This is what the computer geeks do when they build the model to generate the odds.

All the information is collected by a group who wrote down every aspect of the games I mentioned above. This is the second of four main groups that make up star lizard. They know pass on the information to the geeks to use.

A third group checks the odds generated by star lizards program and compares it to odds from bookies all over the world. Typically the Asian markets are best as they handle large sums of money and also offer the handicap which can make differences in odds a bit bigger which means a bigger margin. I imagine most odds would be a bit different but this group chooses the bets they think will have the best rate of return in the long run. The forth group places the bets on behalf of clients.

Bloom is starlizards biggest client and uses most of his own (or syndicates) money. I imagine with returns of 1-3% taking a cut of another persons stake isn't too profitable as they'd have to bet £100m over a year for SL just to make about £1m depending on fees and the return.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here