Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Grandson

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Harry I wish you the very best of health for the future. I also now hope that Brighton secure promotion this year, just for you little man.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Friend of mine is a paramedic. Whilst out one day she witnessed a man having a heart failure, he was not breathing. My friend just went into automatic drive and saved the mans life, just like we would turn on the tap. After, my friend briefed the ambulance crew and then we walked away. Changed the way I treat my friend though, I'm always first to buy a round now.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Knowing Harry's Dad as I do, I have no doubt he will achieve his aim of getting a defibrillator in schools across Brighton.
It will take time I am sure but he will get there. And any other instances like this will also have a happy conclusion .

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Fantastic! It just goes to prove how important it is that people have a knowledge of basic first aid. Best wishes to the lad and all of his family.

Wise words indeed from you, My Lord! As a First Aider myself I'd urge everyone who gets the chance to do a First Aid course. You might never be called on to use that training, but look at this fantastic outcome for one of our own. Best wishes to the lad, his family, and a big THANK YOU to the lady involved and to the oft-maligned staff of the NHS - there when we need them......

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Yesterday our seven year old grandson , Harry should have been in his seat in the ESU with his older brother Olly,,dad and grandad (me). However last Wednesday while playing footy at school he collapsed, having suffered a cardiac arrest. His life was saved by a member of the school staff giving CPR for 15 mins while awaiting paramedics his heart had stopped and he had stopped breathing.
On arrival at the Alex he had to be resuscitated again. He was stabilised and transferred to the Evelina children's ICU in London. His Mum and Dad have been with him since day one.
Thanks to the wonderful woman who saved his life, he is now sitting up with tubes etc removed and able to communicate normally. On Thursday he will have a mini defibrillator fitted under his skin which get things going again if such an event recurs. We are off to see our lovely boy today.
Thank you to the woman who saved his precious life , the brilliant paramedics, the doctors and nurses who work tirelessly for our brilliant NHS , all our family and friends who have given us support and prayers through these last few days.
And thanks to Beram Kayal for the get well video message to Harry!

Great News - Harry has had his mini-defibrillator fitted under general anaesthetic this afternoon (Thurs), and all went according to plan. Provided there are no more hiccups he will be home in BN41 with Mum, Dad and big brother Olly this coming Sunday. Then another three weeks before he can go back to school (cant see him being too worried about that - just means lots of playing on his tablet, PS4, watching Cartoon Network and cuddling his Rats). Targetting a return to the Amex for the Burnley game on the 2nd April!

Thanks for all the great messages on here, for the NHS, Paramedics, CPR trained school staff, and his brilliant parents who have been totally by his side these last seven days!

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
That's great news to hear - let's hope the Burnley match isn't moved

Great news about Harry! Burnley game very unlikely to be moved as 12.30 Sat game already chosen, Internationals before and us playing Brum the following Tuesday

Supadupahands

Mar 10, 2016
Hi Everyone

I'm twowheelsbests son and Harrisons father, sorry it's taken me so long to log in and say thanks to you all for your great messages of support. i wanted to let you know that harry is doing really well back at school and will have his next check up on the 6th April, at this point all being good we'll get a wi-fi connected interface with his ICD that will send all the info back to his consultants at the evelina!

Some of you may have also have spotted our storry this week in the mirror and of course on the front page of the Argus today

we've already started work with the BHF to get Christine further recognition and will also be applying for a humane society award. We are also really please to be working with the Connor Saunders foundation who are going to supply Harrisons school, Peter Gladwin with the next defibrillator they raise funds for.

The club have been great too, we have Harrys shirt replaced, a signed away shirt by all the first team, a signed programme from kayal and even a little video message form Kayal as well. We have also been promised a ground tour by the club which I'll be arranging soon.

So just wanted to say how important it is to know CPR if you've learnt before, go on a refreshed, if you havent check the St Johns Ambulance website for courses near you and ask your PTA if you have kids or your workplace if they have plans to install a defibrillator at your local school or in your workplace, it really does save lives.

thanks again for all your support, harry will be coming back to the Amex for the Burnley match hopefully cheering us on to a win.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Hi Everyone

I'm twowheelsbests son and Harrisons father, sorry it's taken me so long to log in and say thanks to you all for your great messages of support. i wanted to let you know that harry is doing really well back at school and will have his next check up on the 6th April, at this point all being good we'll get a wi-fi connected interface with his ICD that will send all the info back to his consultants at the evelina!

Some of you may have also have spotted our storry this week in the mirror and of course on the front page of the Argus today

we've already started work with the BHF to get Christine further recognition and will also be applying for a humane society award. We are also really please to be working with the Connor Saunders foundation who are going to supply Harrisons school, Peter Gladwin with the next defibrillator they raise funds for.

The club have been great too, we have Harrys shirt replaced, a signed away shirt by all the first team, a signed programme from kayal and even a little video message form Kayal as well. We have also been promised a ground tour by the club which I'll be arranging soon.

So just wanted to say how important it is to know CPR if you've learnt before, go on a refreshed, if you havent check the St Johns Ambulance website for courses near you and ask your PTA if you have kids or your workplace if they have plans to install a defibrillator at your local school or in your workplace, it really does save lives.

thanks again for all your support, harry will be coming back to the Amex for the Burnley match hopefully cheering us on to a win.

Glad to hear that he's doing nicely and will be back supporting the Albion so soon.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Hi Everyone

UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE
Between the 8th and the 12the June, Harrison's Dad, Alex is cycling from London to Paris to raise money for the Connor Saunders Foundation - I know when I first posted this story several of you fellow NSC'ers expressed a wish to to help us raise money to get defibrillators in schools and and colleges (and anywhere else that will take one!). WELL NOWS YOUR CHANCE! Give Alex your support by please going to the inevitable Just Giving Page at -
https://www.justgiving.com/alex-lov...ent=alex-lovett&utm_campaign=pfp-share-mobile

Thank you , Thank you , Thank you

Now lets get on with the main job in hand and get promotion to the Prem!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So glad young Harry is on the mend, I have a mini defribulator fitted in my chest, due to a genetic heart condition, so far mines has fired 42 times in 8 years, the most recent, last Friday night,(6 Feb).
It isn't a very pleasant experience when it shocks you, but it's far better than the alternative.
I agree with you about our marvellous NHS, I owe them my life.

Just an aside, I've had a further 3 shocks since this post, hopefully, young Harry never has to experience one

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
As a grandparent...............:bounce:

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
IMG_0555.JPG
Before the game yesterday Harry + Big brother Olly (plus Dad and Grandad ) were taken on a changing room and pitchside tour with the the legend that is Bob Booker. It was a fabulous experience and Harry got to get his photo with Player of the season and his favourite Kayal! We also had photos with CH, Stockers, Tomer and Bruno - all lovely guys and happy to take time out with us before a vital game for the club. A Big Big Big Thank you to Paul Rogers for arranging it, and for Bob's insight and humour.
And I got my picture taken with Legend Gerry Ryan!!!!!!!!!! - if you know me on facebook, you'll see all the pics there
Finally of course, thanks to the NSC community for all your good wishes and messages of encouragement during Harry's illness and subsequent recovery

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
View attachment 74255
Before the game yesterday Harry + Big brother Olly (plus Dad and Grandad ) were taken on a changing room and pitchside tour with the the legend that is Bob Booker. It was a fabulous experience and Harry got to get his photo with Player of the season and his favourite Kayal! We also had photos with CH, Stockers, Tomer and Bruno - all lovely guys and happy to take time out with us before a vital game for the club. A Big Big Big Thank you to Paul Rogers for arranging it, and for Bob's insight and humour.
And I got my picture taken with Legend Gerry Ryan!!!!!!!!!! - if you know me on facebook, you'll see all the pics there
Finally of course, thanks to the NSC community for all your good wishes and messages of encouragement during Harry's illness and subsequent recovery
Hope all goes well in the future mate, i cannot begin to imagine how you and the rest of the family felt at the time.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
View attachment 74255

Terrific stuff from all at the club. My wife works with Alex (Harry's dad) and she's said how chuffed everyone has been by the club's work (and the school too, and as a former Peter Gladwin school student, this also makes me proud) - So glad Harry is here to watch this exciting end to the season - and many more seasons to come!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
amoungst all the maelstrom of yesterday its good the club took its time to look after you,good luck to Harry and you all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here