Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seeing Heskey score at the AMEX!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As we won I can appreciate Heskeys lucky deflected goal but anyone saying they 'enjoyed it' is just trolling & being an idiot. Always liked Heskey for his goal in Munich and celebration as much as anything :lol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
As we won I can appreciate Heskeys lucky deflected goal but anyone saying they 'enjoyed it' is just trolling & being an idiot. Always liked Heskey for his goal in Munich and celebration as much as anything :lol:

Shows a limited vocabulary. They are not any of the sort, they are football fans and they have the right to enjoy a moment. Personally I hated him scoring against us, but as we have both pointed out, Germany v England... great memories.

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
Heskey is definitely a legend, though not exactly for the right reasons, but a small delight seeing him none the less

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Heskey was useless even in his pomp. The most over-rated player since Peter Crouch.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Heskey was useless even in his pomp. The most over-rated player since Peter Crouch.

I thought Heskey started before Crouch ans therefore can not be the most over rated player since Crouch it needs to be a player that was playing before Heskey such as any of the Pakace team that were going to be the team if the 80s.

Personally dont understand this hero worship if opposition players.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I dont have one, just thoguht your post was s*#t, thats all

OK, if you read back through the thread you will see that I'm not alone in having an unprejudiced appreciation of Heskey. He was a feature of many memorable games in the last 12 years.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
OK, if you read back through the thread you will see that I'm not alone in having an unprejudiced appreciation of Heskey. He was a feature of many memorable games in the last 12 years.

Everyone assesses players using different criteria. For me, Heskey scores highly in the legend status for his wonderful lack of actual ability but he IS Mr Team. I've got a lot of time for him BECAUSE he's pretty poor (but will run into a wall if required), but others won't like that. As is publicised, I can't stand Sam Baldock because he's impotent, and his runs have almost no impact at all but those are the qualities other people like. Funny old game which needs me, you and those who think Baldock is a good striker.

Final thought from me;

[YT]321KzdZCXWs[/YT]

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Everyone assesses players using different criteria. For me, Heskey scores highly in the legend status for his wonderful lack of actual ability but he IS Mr Team. I've got a lot of time for him BECAUSE he's pretty poor (but will run into a wall if required), but others won't like that. As is publicised, I can't stand Sam Baldock because he's impotent, and his runs have almost no impact at all but those are the qualities other people like. Funny old game which needs me, you and those who think Baldock is a good striker.

Final thought from me;

[YT]321KzdZCXWs[/YT]

Not priceless, but of high value.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Heskey will always be a legend for me. Michael Owen loved playing alongside him, much like Gary Lineker owed a lot to Peter Beardsly. Of course Her Majestys Press got on both their backs because they didn't score enough goals but that is just the press. Pure bollocks of course but then some numpties believe what they read in the papers.
Legend? Yes, if only for Munich. Owen got a hat-trick, Gerrard got the first and Heskey the last, if memory serves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here