Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HUGHTON WANTS TO CONTINUE MOMENTUM

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Chris Hughton is eager to continue Brighton & Hove Albion's upturn in form.

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton highlighted the importance of continuing the side’s recent upturn in form, ahead of this afternoon’s match against Bolton Wanderers at the Amex.
The Seagulls have won their last three games in a row, including home victories over Huddersfield Town and Brentford, and Hughton is eager to extend that run today.
He said, “It’s a big game for us at this stage of the season and it’s important we try to keep the momentum going.
“We want to capitalise on being at home. The first defeats we had were at home and that was three on the spin [at the Amex], which hurt us.
“Ultimately any team that wants to do well needs to pick up the majority of their points at home, so it was good to get the two wins.
"I've been delighted with how we've bounced back after those home defeats. Everyone knows that most of our games are tight, but we were able to get three goals last Friday [v Brentford] which has pleased me the most.
"It's been a really important run for us and I can honestly say it's only the Rotherham performance that I felt fell so far short of what we can do.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Liam Ridgewell could make his final appearance in an Albion shirt on Saturday with his loan spell at Portland Timbers set to end, but Hughton is happy with his options at left-back with Gaetan Bong and Liam Rosenior close to returning from injury.
“Originally when we signed Liam [Ridgewell] we were hopeful that we were going to have him for another week. That ended up not being the case.
"Liam [Rosenior] has done a lot of work. Gaetan [Bong] will train on Sunday.
"In terms of Tuesday [at Hull] and Saturday [at Cardiff], Liam would be closer than Gaetan. How close will depend on how he does in the next couple of days.
"The plus, of course, is that Calde [Calderon] came in and covered that position very well, so it's not as if we are going into the Hull game without somebody that hasn't played there. Calde is very capable."
The Seagulls boss is also pleased with the overall strength in depth within the squad, which he feels will be crucial heading into four matches in the space of ten days.
“There is still a long way to go and we are heading into a period of games of Saturday, midweek, Saturday, midweek and we have got to be as competitive as possible.
“Certainly we’re stronger with the squad that we’ve got at the moment.”[h=3]ALBION V BOLTON WANDERERS
[/h]SATURDAY 13TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS UNITED**
[/h]MONDAY 29TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY*
[/h]TUESDAY 8TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here