Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stepdad threatened by the club

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Are we misunderstanding each other?

Are you suggesting that the price should change mid-season if you move age ranges?

Um, well, YES. Up til now, I'd somehow always assumed it was the case that if you became an OAP from an Adult or an Adult from a Junior on, say, the second day of the season, or sometime in the autumn or indeed at any point before the last game of the season, that your ST price would be recalculated and adjusted accordingly, either upwards or downwards.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Um, well, YES. Up til now, I'd somehow always assumed it was the case that if you became an OAP from an Adult or an Adult from a Junior on, say, the second day of the season, or sometime in the autumn or indeed at any point before the last game of the season, that your ST price would be recalculated and adjusted accordingly, either upwards or downwards.

Why? Wouldn't happen when we all paid upfront at the Withdean etc. The direct debit is basically a contract/payment plan of the full amount as per start of season

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's bloody awful customer service. When you set up a direct debit, you don't expect months/years later to be told there was an error with your payment, you owe £400.

This is an error by the Albion. They should pay the consequences. What happens when the man pays back the money which he 'owes'? Does the club compensate him due to terrible handling of his bank details and the lack of ease attending the matches. The club haven't exactly made it smooth for him considering he hasn't actually done anything wrong. If anything, the Albion have failed to stick with the agreement, therefore, they should be apologising, not threatening to stop him from going.

Appalling.
???

Top fishing
:jester:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why? Wouldn't happen when we all paid upfront at the Withdean etc. The direct debit is basically a contract/payment plan of the full amount as per start of season

I'm not disputing that. Calculation just seems a bit needlessly CRUDE to me. For example, this season's first home game was on 7th August v Forest. I dare say you'd be sick as a parrot if your birthday meant you became an OAP on 8th August and had to pay full Adult for the season. Likewise, if you stopped being a Junior and became an Adult on 8th August, you'd be over the moon because you'd be quids in for the season. Wot no pro-rata?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can I get money back if I leave early?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm not disputing that. Calculation just seems a bit needlessly CRUDE to me. For example, this season's first home game was on 7th August v Forest. I dare say you'd be sick as a parrot if your birthday meant you became an OAP on 8th August and had to pay full Adult for the season. Likewise, if you stopped being a Junior and became an Adult on 8th August, you'd be over the moon because you'd be quids in for the season. Wot no pro-rata?

But when has it ever been pro rata for anyone , at any club?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

It's all about planning, my kids were born on the 18th and 22nd August :wink:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

You're probably in a very small pool for believing this. Outside of football it doesn't occur how you believe it does. As examples an u25 railcard is valid for a year regardless of whether you reach 25 during that year, where insurance premiums have a rating factor on age, the age used is that at inception/renewal date.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
It's all about planning, my kids were born on the 18th and 22nd August :wink:

Damn. My son was born the day before our season started. Still he's been a good omen.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

I'd have to say I agree with that. In these days of super technology (most of which goes over my ancient head) it surely can't be too difficult to program a computer to deal with these situations.
Surely when you become an OAP and start living on your pension, that should be the moment when you attain the benefits of being a wrinkly. It applies to just about every other membership or association I was in at that time. My birthday is in Feb' I didn't have to wait until August to receive any other benefits? I'm not understand complaining personally, as I was overseas when that fateful day arrived so not in need of an ST....I'm just trying to make what I see as a valid point.
All in all, what really needs be the deciding factor for me, is whether the aggrieved chappie tried to deceive or whether he was genuinely paying what he thought was the correct amount. He really does (as someone else suggests) need to email PB, he appears to be good at fixing things. PB will also (unlike us guessers) be able to hear the whole story! Goodnight my Horlicks has arrived. :yawn:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd have to say I agree with that. In these days of super technology (most of which goes over my ancient head) it surely can't be too difficult to program a computer to deal with these situations.
Surely when you become an OAP and start living on your pension, that should be the moment when you attain the benefits of being a wrinkly. It applies to just about every other membership or association I was in at that time. My birthday is in Feb' I didn't have to wait until August to receive any other benefits? I'm not understand complaining personally, as I was overseas when that fateful day arrived so not in need of an ST....I'm just trying to make what I see as a valid point.
All in all, what really needs be the deciding factor for me, is whether the aggrieved chappie tried to deceive or whether he was genuinely paying what he thought was the correct amount. He really does (as someone else suggests) need to email PB, he appears to be good at fixing things. PB will also (unlike us guessers) be able to hear the whole story! Goodnight my Horlicks has arrived. :yawn:
All good, but an OAP concession is a gift from the club. So surely the terms are up to them ? ??? ??? ???

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
No idea what the legal position is about reclaiming money from previous seasons but the club are a private company and can chose to stop doing business with anyone entirely at their discretion, i.e. cancel their season ticket.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Surely when you become an OAP and start living on your pension, that should be the moment when you attain the benefits of being a wrinkly. It applies to just about every other membership or association I was in at that time.

You don't pay for a weekly or monthly ticket. You buy an annual ticket, before the season starts. It just so happens, the clubs lets you pay for it over 10 months (with no interest).

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I was excited to wade in knee deep to this debate, but the original poster hasn't made a single post since, so either he's on a wind up or it's really not that big of a deal to him or his stepdad to want to further the issue on here. Boring.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
can't help thinking the club have been heavy handed , some older folk rely on big corporations to handle the technical side of things......if the old boy has knowingly been accepting discounted rates then is he guilty of fraud.....?? do the club need his 400 quid that badly...?? wouldn't a letter to the effect of " it has come to our attention.......blah blah blah...... as an act of good faith we will honour your season ticket but please be aware of your obligation to provide accurate information with regard to financial transactions with the club".......certainly think the wording of said correspondence is a tadd over-bearing.....ie. pay up the difference if you want to see the rest of the season.....!!!???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here