Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace's profits

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In that swissramble says that the yanks have 38%, is that the case? In which case I'm not that bothered.

I think the two NEW Yanks have 18% each, as does Parish, which gives 54%. The other 46% is split between other CPFC 2010 investors and some older American investors..........as far as I can make out.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I think the two NEW Yanks have 18% each, as does Parish, which gives 54%. The other 46% is split between other CPFC 2010 investors and some older American investors..........as far as I can make out.

I would love to know how that other 46% is split.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I would love to know how that other 46% is split.

Seems to be an unclear breakdown.

http://app.ft.com/cms/s/d5058e36-892c-11e5-90de-f44762bf9896.html

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455310455.954495.jpg

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Jez has posted a fair bit above.

We signed lots of players the year we went up as I think our owners panicked a bit, giving some very average players big contracts, (Mariappa, Kebe, Chamakh, Guedioura and Campana were all on fairly big deals for a newly promoted club)

Both Mariappa and Chamakh are on £40k+ p/w but are out of contract in the summer plus Hangeland and Delaney are also out of contract in the summer so a fair chunk will be off the wage bill.
Palace friends of mine have been moaning that your current form is down to injuries and a small squad. In which case to compete surely those leaving will be replaced by better players and bigger wages.
I'm sure the Palace can afford it with increased income but the players leaving out of contract will have no value to the club. The only people getting rich out of this are the players.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Palace friends of mine have been moaning that your current form is down to injuries and a small squad. In which case to compete surely those leaving will be replaced by better players and bigger wages.
I'm sure the Palace can afford it with increased income but the players leaving out of contract will have no value to the club. The only people getting rich out of this are the players.

That unfortunately is what the premier league is all about, if I gave it to much thought I wouldn't bother going anymore. Not that they would care if we all stopped going, the TV money will keep them in wages for years to come.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm looking to you to find out for sure though. Would also like to know our league position in three years :lol:

Important that you do. Important that all Palace fans, like any club, know who is running the show. As Tony Benn once said “What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?”. True of football clubs more than ever (we have experience !)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Parish is one smart businessmen. Did he sell out for the good of the club or just to get his stake back while he could?

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
STCC does seem like the elephant in the room, but, given that the rules were brought in by the clubs themselves, they can just as easy be relaxed, in the same way that FFP has been relaxed in the Championship (and is likely to do so in the Champions League too).

yep. could see some interesting times if the 'big clubs' start breaching it !

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
yep. could see some interesting times if the 'big clubs' start breaching it !

Agreed, but the aim is to ensure the 'big clubs' keep their advantage over the smaller ones, as well as giving chairman a negotiating tool when in talks with a player or his agent. "I'd love to give you a £40k a week pay rise but the rules won't let me...."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here