Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF match at the Amex this year

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fantastic gesture from the club allowing this game to be played on the hallowed Amex turf, and what an experience for the players playing in such gilded surroundings. Looking forward to it already. Hopefully Dicks will be open for a pre and post-match bevvy.

:clap2:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
While I loved playing the games at Lewes, if the point is to raise money then surely playing at The Amex is a no brainer? Yes the atmosphere will be rubbish with 29,500 empty seats and you will presumably lose the intimacy of the Dripping Pan but that is more than made up for by the players having to raise at least double what the previous minimum match fee was which is only going to benefit the charity.

As for Palace not wanting to play there I don't buy that for a second. If one year the game was switched so the Albion were away and you said to me "right you can play at Croydon FC or Selhurst" it is Selhurst every day. You'd have to be mentally unstable to want to play at a seventh tier venue over a stadium in one of the top two divisions

It's a great gesture from the club and hopefully it will be vindicated with a record haul and a good night. Well done to all concerned

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As for Palace not wanting to play there I don't buy that for a second. If one year the game was switched so the Albion were away and you said to me "right you can play at Croydon FC or Selhurst" it is Selhurst every day. You'd have to be mentally unstable to want to play at a seventh tier venue over a stadium in one of the top two divisions

Have to agree with this. I played at Stamford Bridge once - I have no interest in Chelsea, nor did most of the other players but it was an absolute thrill to play there. Playing at the Amex would give a great buzz to the Palace players too

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
While I loved playing the games at Lewes, if the point is to raise money then surely playing at The Amex is a no brainer? Yes the atmosphere will be rubbish with 29,500 empty seats and you will presumably lose the intimacy of the Dripping Pan but that is more than made up for by the players having to raise at least double what the previous minimum match fee was which is only going to benefit the charity.

It's a great gesture from the club and hopefully it will be vindicated with a record haul and a good night. Well done to all concerned

Bang on

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
#REMF1originalclique

Will try and get over for this one.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Would love to play however feel I would be too unfit to get more than 20 minutes out of my dodgey knee!

Will try and head down for the game though and make my first REMF match

Any idea what transport will be like to the game? Do trains normally stop at Falmer?

i'm not from round these parts apart from match days

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Would love to play however feel I would be too unfit to get more than 20 minutes out of my dodgey knee!

Will try and head down for the game though and make my first REMF match

Any idea what transport will be like to the game? Do trains normally stop at Falmer?

i'm not from round these parts apart from match days

Trains will be fine. There's a rapid Brighton-Lewes-Polegate-Eastbourne service that doesn't stop and an "All points between that does"

A real shame as the charm of this fixture is in the intimate nature of the night,just turns the fixture into another soulless u21 game at the amex. Plenty of good venues around sussex without having to use a stadium with 28000 empty seats. Assuming the club are losing money putting this on? A donation would have done the pr job to the annual fixture. The palace lads deserve the fixture at Three Bridges for a change if a change is needed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Perfect, thanks.

Although it's worth saying that as it is a Bank Holiday Monday, there's an increased chance of there being engineering works scheduled. Presumably a slightly reduced (Sunday service?) timetable too.

Timetabled works are only listed up until the beginning of May as it stands.

Although it's worth saying that as it is a Bank Holiday Monday, there's an increased chance of there being engineering works scheduled. Presumably a slightly reduced (Sunday service?) timetable too.

Timetabled works are only listed up until the beginning of May as it stands.

Given the likely numbers, is there any reason why Bennett's Field parking shouldn't be made available?

And I assume it will be POTG.

What time will the match kick off?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Given the likely numbers, is there any reason why Bennett's Field parking shouldn't be made available?

You'd imagine it would, as you say.

Train likely to be the transport of choice for many, although I guess that as some will have work the next day it might reduce the drinking factor a bit.

Lush

Mods' Pet
1923758_193383310531_2618346_n.jpg

:down:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Will there be any chance that Sky will move it for TV?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Richard Ronald Marlowe has just confirmed his attendance for REMF 14.

Full name

Richard Ronald Marlowe

Date of birth
10 August 1950 (age 65)

Place of birth
Edinburgh, Scotland

Playing position
Forward

Senior career*

Years
Team Apps† (Gls)†

1972–1973
Derby County 0 (0)

1973–1974
Shrewsbury Town 31 (4)

1974–1976
Brighton & Hove Albion 25 (5)

1975–1976
→ Aldershot (loan) 2 (0)

1976–1977
Wimbledon 37 (7)

Yoda

English & European
Richard Ronald Marlowe has just confirmed his attendance for REMF 14.

Full name

Richard Ronald Marlowe

Date of birth
10 August 1950 (age 65)

Place of birth
Edinburgh, Scotland

Playing position
Forward

Senior career*

Years
Team Apps† (Gls)†

1972–1973
Derby County 0 (0)

1973–1974
Shrewsbury Town 31 (4)

1974–1976
Brighton & Hove Albion 25 (5)

1975–1976
→ Aldershot (loan) 2 (0)

1976–1977
Wimbledon 37 (7)

Good ol' Ricky. Always a pleasure to meet him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If the stewards won't let me walk between the two dugouts during the match like I have done for the last 14 games I won't go! Lol

Dave the gaffer - manager
First 3 REMF games
Dave the Previous PA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here