So at least 7 of the nominees play for 'boro:

Rhodes
Downing
Adomah
Ayala
Clayton
Nugent
Dimitrious

And they've assembled their squad without breaking FFP have they?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
D Ayala
G Friend
F Forestieri
A Gray
B Johnson

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Marshall (Cardiff)
Thorne (Derby)
Ayala (Boro)
McCormack (Fulham)

and statistically: Norwood (Reading).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So at least 7 of the nominees play for 'boro:

Rhodes
Downing
Adomah
Ayala
Clayton
Nugent
Dimitrious

And they've assembled their squad without breaking FFP have they?

No, they haven't.

However, if you asked this question on other Championship forums, the names of Knockaert, Kayal, Lualua, Stephens, Bruno, Stockdale might well all appear.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, they haven't.
I seem to remember eminent posters here suggesting they had, and I can't get my head around it at all, it seems impossible.

However, if you asked this question on other Championship forums, the names of Knockaert, Kayal, Lualua, Stephens, Bruno, Stockdale might well all appear.
Knockaert should be, but he's only just joined, so may miss out. Kaz hasn't played for months, so I don't know if he'd get a place either. I don't think Stockdale is close to the top 5, I'd be surprised if he gets a mention. Not that I'm not a fan, I think he's great.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I seem to remember eminent posters here suggesting they had, and I can't get my head around it at all, it seems impossible.

Knockaert should be, but he's only just joined, so may miss out. Kaz hasn't played for months, so I don't know if he'd get a place either. I don't think Stockdale is close to the top 5, I'd be surprised if he gets a mention. Not that I'm not a fan, I think he's great.

If you asked the question today on a Brentford forum, Knockaert would get a mention, for certain.
Lualua was THE stand out player in the division before his injury.
Some people like to include a keeper in their list. Stockdale is better than two of the three keepers mentioned on this thread.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
HUGELY over-rated, IMO, like.

Watch the highlights of any random Burnley game, and you'll be left thinking there's a goal he could have done better with. Stockdale, Marshall, far superior.

I thought it would probably be a marmite suggestion!

I don't get to see as many highlights as I used to anymore, so only judged on whole games I have seen on Sky and have been impressed with him in a few games. However, take your point that when I do get to catch their highlights some of the goals could be deemed to be his fault.

i guess many other fans may think the same of Stockers though, especially earlier in the season as a few goals it could be perceived that he could have done better and if only watching the highlights then they might think he is over rated by our fans?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Robert Snodgrass - Hull
Christian Stuani - Boro
Stewart Downing - Boro
Mohamed Diame - Hull
Bradley Johnson - Derby

Kodjia & Lookman the two have left an impression on me this season though. Plus Daniel Ayala was immense for Boro.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here