Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Johnson pleads guilty

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seriously scary - almost medieval - differences in the age of consent across Europe, particularly regarding some of our allegedly more modern-thinking European partners. WTF? ???

Age Countries (Europe)
14 Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Montenegro, Portugal, San Marino, Serbia
15 Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Greece, Iceland, Monaco, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden
16 Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Finland, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Moldova, Netherlands, Northern Cyprus, Norway, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom
17 Cyprus, Ireland
18 Malta, Turkey, Vatican City

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Johnson searched internet for "legal age of consent" on 3 Feb, days after alleged sexual activity with 15 year old girl, court told"

God, how can a player be so stupid? And yes, it obviously goes without saying that a lot of footballers are a bit dense, but jesus.

Surely all football clubs and boy band managers teach the players and singers about the law and what checks they should make about young girls :facepalm:

Teach ? Checks ?

Johnson didn't commit this crime through ignorance. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing, and he did it because he was tempted, because he could, and because he lacks the morals and common decency not to.

He's a predator and a creep.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah, make sure they know the age of consent. He looked it up on the internet, which suggests he wasn't sure. Perhaps they can also be taught why there is an age of consent, why it's not just some silly arbitrary figure, because when teenagers are growing up they aren't wise enough to make certain decisions about what's right for them.

Yes, not to just take a girl's word for it that they're 16. I'm clearly not just talking about AJ here, I'm talking about boy bands too etc, where the band member could be 17 ish themselves.

Johnson didn't commit this crime through ignorance. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing
Yes that's what it looks like from the texts. And I made my post before reading more than a couple of his texts. I'm still surprised he had to google the age of consent.

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Seriously scary - almost medieval - differences in the age of consent across Europe, particularly regarding some of our allegedly more modern-thinking European partners. WTF? ???

Age Countries (Europe)
14 Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Montenegro, Portugal, San Marino, Serbia
15 Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Greece, Iceland, Monaco, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden
16 Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Finland, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Moldova, Netherlands, Northern Cyprus, Norway, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom
17 Cyprus, Ireland
18 Malta, Turkey, Vatican City

Italy, Portugal and Germany really shock me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Italy, Portugal and Germany really shock me.
It used to be 13 here, then rose to 16 in 1885 to prevent child prostitution, so if prostitution hadn't been a problem, maybe we'd have a different age of consent.

Even experts (and I doubt there are any here) would struggle to justify one exact age over all others, but I think the general intention is not to stop young people experimenting with each other, but to protect them from adults. Even if this girl had been 16, it would still have been fairly wrong of AJ to take advantage of her, given his position and how old he is. For example, I have much more of a problem with a 50 year old having sex with a 16 year old, than a 16 year old having sex with a 15 year old.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Even experts (and I doubt there are any here) would struggle to justify one exact age over all others, but I think the general intention is not to stop young people experimenting with each other, but to protect them from adults. Even if this girl had been 16, it would still have been fairly wrong of AJ to take advantage of her, given his position and how old he is. For example, I have much more of a problem with a 50 year old having sex with a 16 year old, than a 16 year old having sex with a 15 year old.
Yes, I'd pretty much agree with that.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
prob just taking the piss like blokes do.

Hope he gets castrated personally but this day and age his sentence was harsher than most due to who he is.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I wonder who has a video camera in prison and who released the footage, I can imagine his lawyers having a field day over this
Phones being smuggled in all the time....

As for Johnson, really doesn't appear to be learning does he. Won't help his parole chances much.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
prob just taking the piss like blokes do.

Hope he gets castrated personally but this day and age his sentence was harsher than most due to who he is.

And yet his request for appeal was (partly) based around the judge being too harsh when sentencing him because of his fame. Clearly he's not heard of aggravating circumstances.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I literally cannot find the words to express how monumentally thick that man must be.

For sure, and not trying to defend him but this just reads like someone trying to sell the news. A very silly thing to say however it reads to me like he said that in response to his sentence and what he feels would constitute the one he got, not that he would actually want to do it. Not a defence as I say but sometimes the press like to mix words up, I expect more from the independent

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here