Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan window

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
We pretty much knew that as the albion didn't announce any extension to the loan in the transfer window.

Calde to play left back vs Hull, leaving no cover for left back, or right back in the squad.

Pretty much. Good to get proper confirmation along with the news that Kayal should be fit and Zamora may not be

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Ridgewell has made five starts, including three league wins out of four with two clean sheets, since deputising at left-back for the sidelined Gaetan Bong and Liam Rosenior.

Albion have confirmed to The Argus there is no chance of stretching his stay.

Inigo Calderon is set to fill in again once Ridgewell returns to the States until Bong and Rosenior are back from their respective long-term thigh and knee injuries.

No chance of getting a result at Hull now :(

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Really really, in 1st class with a young gentleman I assume was his agent. All speculation on my part and I've probably put 2 + 2 together and come up with 9.5. But definitely on a train from Lancing to London this afternoon.

He lives in Hurstpierpoint. Perhaps he was getting a train home (to Hassocks). Perhaps he had a medical appointment somewhere. Perhaps he was going for a day out in Croydon.

I'd be amazed if we let Baldock go anywhere this window. He did have a bit of a setback with his fitness lately, but he's getting there, and I also think another club would be unlikely to take him unless he'd played a game or two first to get his sharpness back (which he hasn't so far).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That sounds great as dont want to go to Hull without a recognized left back but not sure we need a striker. I would sooner see how the next couple of games go before settling on the striker.

We absolutely definitely need a striker. Our joint top scorers have (only) seven goals. One has scored just once in months, the other, whilst brilliant, cannot be relied on to consistently play 60, let alone 90, minutes... James Wilson has great potential but, as yet, is yet to show consistency. Sam Baldock is simply not up to standard. Jiri Skalak is clearly not a striker, despite the club's BS to the contrary.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
There's no star strikers available on a 93-day emergency loan. There can't be many star anythings available on a 93-day emergency loan.

Plus, we don't have an emergency

UTA

Depends on your definition of star striker. For example, Muzza.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There's no star strikers available on a 93-day emergency loan. There can't be many star anythings available on a 93-day emergency loan.

Plus, we don't have an emergency

UTA

...and out team, despite the mid season slump, have only scored 2 goals less than nailed on promotion certainties Boro.........

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sam Baldock is simply not up to standard.

Don't agree with that. Sam offers an ability to play in-between the lines of attack and midfield that Zamora, Hemed and Wilson all lack - they are all out and out centre forwards, Baldock enables midfielders to get beyond him - hence when he was playing we did have a lot of goals from midfield. I think Baldock will suit the likes of Knockeart and an in form Murphy or Kaz coming in, because he knows how to drop into the midfield and work his socks off in there, creating those dangerous overlaps that are so hard to defend against. Honestly, I think he could be a vital player in the run in opening up a lot more options for us to score (even though granted he doesn't bag enough himself).

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Don't agree with that. Sam offers an ability to play in-between the lines of attack and midfield that Zamora, Hemed and Wilson all lack - they are all out and out centre forwards, Baldock enables midfielders to get beyond him - hence when he was playing we did have a lot of goals from midfield. I think Baldock will suit the likes of Knockeart and an in form Murphy or Kaz coming in, because he knows how to drop into the midfield and work his socks off in there, creating those dangerous overlaps that are so hard to defend against. Honestly, I think he could be a vital player in the run in opening up a lot more options for us to score (even though granted he doesn't bag enough himself).
Couldn't agree more. A vital link, shouldn't be judged on his goals alone, although he should score at a slightly better rate.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've heard someone is trying to get a new granddad in the loan window due to the cringeworthy performance of the old one.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Am I alone in thinking that Murray might not be a particularly good addition to the changing room? I get the feeling that there is a good deal of unity in the team right now, they seem to like each other and enjoy playing for the shirt. Introducing a player like Murray - who always struck me as being a bit of a loner - might not be good for the chemistry of the team. Just idle speculation but that's what NSC is all about.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've heard someone is trying to get a new granddad in the loan window due to the cringeworthy performance of the old one.

"BensGrandad is havin' a party

(BensGrandad is havin' a party)

Bring yer slippers and yer cardie

(Bring yer slippers and yer cardie)"

:banana::banana::banana::rave::banana::banana::banana:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Cracking post, completely agree. Great first touch too - with a Stockdale missile picking him out from 60/70 yards he also improves our counter attacking ability.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Am I alone in thinking that Murray might not be a particularly good addition to the changing room? I get the feeling that there is a good deal of unity in the team right now, they seem to like each other and enjoy playing for the shirt. Introducing a player like Murray - who always struck me as being a bit of a loner - might not be good for the chemistry of the team. Just idle speculation but that's what NSC is all about.

I suspect that's just a perception we got from the early part of his spell with us. When he was known to be homesick & having family issues. He's very settled now, has a wife & kids/stepkids etc. His former team mates from Palace always seemed to think highly of him, plus he's very close to Elliott Bennett. Can't imagine Bennett is the sort of guy to tolerate a grumpy old loner.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

I tend to agree with you on that one. We have been top 6 all season without him, It will be interesting to see over the next 4 games what happens. With decent supply from the wide players, and the new additions if we suddenly hit form, will it rock the boat? We would need to be lucky with injuries (not likely given our record). Having said that whenever I've seen Palace on the box this season they look a worse team without him since he joined Bournemouth. . That's the gamble I suppose.

Last edited:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I suspect that's just a perception we got from the early part of his spell with us. When he was known to be homesick & having family issues. He's very settled now, has a wife & kids/stepkids etc. His former team mates from Palace always seemed to think highly of him, plus he's very close to Elliott Bennett. Can't imagine Bennett is the sort of guy to tolerate a grumpy old loner.

Fair point. I suppose the problem is I'm in the 'we don't need anyone else' camp. Apart from a LB of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here