Would you cash out?

• Yes

Votes: 91 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 39 30.0%

• Total voters

mrfrisk1990

May 2, 2015
Back to about £500 at a guess, though it would also depend on the City/Spurs result.

If it's possible to cash out part of it, it would make sense to do it in proportion to the actual chance of them winning, which is still decent odds against. They are just under 5-2 on Betfair, about 28pc, so the 3.50/1.50 suggestion earlier is pretty close.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Hedge your bets.

Cash out, put £250 of the winnings back on them to win the league. Then you're up regardless of what happens and have the chance to win a decent wedge more.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No. I might lay a bit off though.

This is the correct answer. To turn that £1300 into £5000, you'd need odds of around 3/1 (3.84), yet you can currently lay Leicester at 3.45 on BF.

Last edited:

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Cash out at £1,300. This still works out at around odds of 259/1 for a £5 bet. If those odds were on offer at the start of the season (even though they are very tight) he still would have done the 'fun' bet. £1,300 win is a great return for a fun bet. Take the cash and enjoy the rest of the season.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Cash out, even now its already a brilliant return on a five pound bet.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I've heard this before, what does "Lay off" actually mean?

Sorry for the stupid question, but when it comes to gambling I'm a moron.

You can lay bets on the betting exchanges, you are basically providing the money should a backers stake win however if it doesn't win you win the backers stake.

If you have sufficient money you should always lay bets like this (if you intend to 'cash out') as you get much better overall returns, the cash out option is generally aimed at lazy punters.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Cash out about 3.50 of the original stake, should be about a grand, and keep 1.50 in there, if they win the league still pick up another £1500, if not the wedding etc.. is paid for.

If Leicester get beat by Arsenal at the weekend, and spurs continue their form by beating City, the cash out value will fall a fair bit I would guess.

Partial cash out is the way to go as above
Personally I would cash out for about £500 and let the rest ride

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This is the correct answer. To turn that £1300 into £5000, you'd need odds of around 3/1 (3.84), yet you can currently lay Leicester at 3.45 on BF.

They are always granite with their cash-out offers.
They were matched as short as 7/4 just after beat Citeh.

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Gambling novice here, what does 'lay a bit off' mean?

I've heard this before, what does "Lay off" actually mean?

Sorry for the stupid question, but when it comes to gambling I'm a moron.

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 17.49.06.png

If I LAY £50 at 3.5 that will match the BACKER'S £20.
Leicester win the league I lose £50, they don't win the league I win £20, so:
Leicester win: £4950 profit
Leicester don't win: £20 profit

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They are always granite with their cash-out offers.
They were matched as short as 7/4 just after beat Citeh.
Yes, only really worth cashing out if you're in-play and don't have time to work out a lay off strategy I guess.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This really is deal, no deal sort of stuff.

I've always said I would never accept anything the banker offered as what is the point in going on the show. I would want a life changing sum.

However if £1,300 is significant to him then he should take the money as I can still see Leicester blowing it sadly.

On a side point it really highlights how well the bookies do out of this cash out thing. If people are heading towards a possible win they will very often bottle it, and the bookies therefore less often suffer a big pay out.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Yes, only really worth cashing out if you're in-play and don't have time to work out a lay off strategy I guess.

Yep, or if you have an acca on 3.00pm k.o if multiples are your thing.
If you have a betfair market with plenty of liquidity that's 101.6% / 98.7% then that is where you want to play.
If you have backed it on Betfair in the first place then you can use their cash out of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here