Monorail

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I hear those things are awfully loud.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seems to me the obvious, an more flexible, cheaper way to address congestion would be trams. might have issues too, but certainly shuttling along the A259 with spurs into Hove and maybe as far north as the A27 would do a lot for congestion with a lot less new infrastructure.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Trams / monorail are indeed the future. If they can manage to do it right outside East Croydon station and make the private motorist fook right off into playing second fiddle then it's a no-brainer for B&H shirley?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Trams / monorail are indeed the future. If they can manage to do it right outside East Croydon station and make the private motorist fook right off into playing second fiddle then it's a no-brainer for B&H shirley?

Er, no. If you want progressive thinking when it comes to getting stuff built, you're in the wrong city. Even if this was viable, I'm sure there is a committee of old duffers (perhaps numbering as many as six people) who would be able to prevent it happening.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Er, no. If you want progressive thinking when it comes to getting stuff built, you're in the wrong city. Even if this was viable, I'm sure there is a committee of old duffers (perhaps numbering as many as six people) who would be able to prevent it happening.

Good point, well made, sadly.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

I'm sure Selma Montford & her chums are shuffling their papers and planning a No campaign already, on the grounds that the track might obscure the Magnificent Regency Skyline.

Oct 25, 2003
Linking to Shoreham might make sense, if it had flights to anywhere in the first place.

i'm not sure there's much point doing it to the airport (other than if they had a direct link to the Amex, taking in new signings via the airport and training ground straight to the stadium) but linking in shoreham as a town certainly makes sense. In fact I've thought for a while now that there should be a localised transport network (other than bus) linking in the whole "greater brighton" area. There are obviously decent train links in places like Shoreham, Southwick etc. but there are plenty of places in the area that are absolutely miles from a train station. Something like a light railway network- similar to the Tyne & Wear metro or Copenhagens 'S Train' would be my thinking

sorry, I realise it's not that linked to your initial post but I feel it's a valid point none the less

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
cOFcxutlg3aSY.gif

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The name's Courtney, David Courtney and I come before you good people tonight with an idea.
Probably the greatest-- Ah, it's not for you.
It's more of a Worthing idea.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here