Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
marrs-l229-2945140_478x359.jpg

James Marrs
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
12:20 8th February 2016
by Kyle Speirs
Albion women manager James Marrs wants his players to remain focused after Sunday's emphatic win over Oxford United.
It’s important not to get too carried away with ourselves after a good win. "
James Marrs
Brighton & Hove Albion women manager James Marrs wants his players to keep their feet on the ground, after a thumping 10-0 win over Women’s Super League Two (WSL2) side Oxford United in the SSE Women’s FA Cup.Albion progressed to the fourth round of the tournament after demolishing their higher-ranked opponents, but the Albion boss said his players will quickly forget this result and focus on the next match.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “We have to make sure we keep working hard. It’s important not to get too carried away with ourselves after a good win.
“I’ve always told them hard work gets rewards and that’s what they got today, so I hope they really enjoy it. We’ll soon forget it come Tuesday and we’ll be ready to move on.
“They’re a very hard working bunch, but I’ll tell them how proud I am of them at the end of the season because we’ve still got a long way to go yet.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

While Marrs ensures his players remain grounded, he did reflect on the dominant and resounding display that led to Albion’s biggest win of the season.
“I’m absolutely thrilled with the performance, the girls were very good from start to finish.
“The good thing for us is that we haven’t been renowned for scoring too many goals, so for us to score ten was absolutely huge.
“And the good thing about our forwards is that it doesn’t matter if they score or they set them up, they’re not bothered as long as the ball hits the back of the net.*
“It [the result] speaks for itself really. We have WSL credentials but you don’t get given anything, we’ve still got to work hard to get what we want.”
All of the Albion players and staff can now look forward to another home tie in the fourth round of the competition.
The Seagulls will host Premier League Northern Division side, Blackburn Rovers, on Sunday 28th February at the Sussex County FA Headquarters at Culver Road.

[h=3]ALBION V BOLTON WANDERERS
[/h]SATURDAY 13TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS UNITED**
[/h]MONDAY 29TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY*
[/h]TUESDAY 8TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here