Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hurricane force winds

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've got one tree down and two fence posts are now braced with paracord.

D

Deleted member 2719

Has it started yet ? T shirt and shorts weather on the Newhaven Riviera :)
Only postmen wear shorts in hurricanes, get your round done cos it going to hit newhaven...........................NOW!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
For thousand of years we have been having storms here in the UK. Now all of a sudden we have started giving them names we treat and discuss them like Hurricanes, which they most definately are not. Yes OK they can be dangerous in certain circumstances but we really need to put them into proportion and not go all ''News of the World'' sensationalism over them

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just saw an old man get blown off his feet poor fella. Seemed okay though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Argus, as ever, are getting their readers to do their work for them. I notice they've a photo of some blown over roadworks barriers on their website currently, with the caption "Damage Caused By Imogen".

It's not like anybody could just walk along and stand the barriers up again, is it? Oh, the humanity.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I was booked on the Dieppe to Newhaven ferry today but thankfully they cancelled it

On the way to the euro tunnel now and must say it is quite breezy outside !

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
For thousand of years we have been having storms here in the UK. Now all of a sudden we have started giving them names we treat and discuss them like Hurricanes, which they most definately are not. Yes OK they can be dangerous in certain circumstances but we really need to put them into proportion and not go all ''News of the World'' sensationalism over them
Bet they are careful picking names. Can you imagine the Daily Mail if storm Mohammed tore through Britain? Would storm Jesus put the fences back up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here