Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool fans protest

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Am I missing something here ?

They are unhappy that the top priced tickets are going to be £77 ? Surely this will only affect a small minority of fans.
I also read that 64% of season tickets are being reduced or having the price frozen, which affects are far higher proportion of fans than the increase in top seats and I'm guessing a lot of those fans walking out yesterday will actually pay less next season !

Am totally against clubs ripping fans off but are Liverpool actually doing this ?

Jan 30, 2008

They are unhappy that the top priced tickets are going to be £77 ? Surely this will only affect a small minority of fans ?

I also read that 64% of season tickets are being reduced or having the price frozen, which affects are far higher proportion of fans than the increase in top seats and I'm guessing a lot of those fans walking out yesterday will actually pay less next season !

Am totally against clubs ripping fans off but are Liverpool actually doing this ?
fair play to them STICKING TOGETHER ON THE ISSUE can't see that sort of thing happening at the Amex :wave:
regards
DR

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Don't see what the issue is. They stayed for 77 minutes. That's longer than a lot of them do in other matches

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney

They are unhappy that the top priced tickets are going to be £77 ? Surely this will only affect a small minority of fans.

Surely its better not to enter the stadium and the ground to be half empty or campaign to stop buying merchandise as going into the ground is a waste of time as people are going to spend money in the stadium.
Hit the Yanks in the wallet

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
less than 20% of the crowd left, can't really take that as a serious protest

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I'm surprised.

They don't normally pay to get in.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
10k walking out is fairly decent but to enforce this 10k will need to boycott a match next season when these prices come in

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Well I fully support those who walked out yesterday and there are signs that it's had an immediate impact by the way it's been picked up by the media and people like Alan Shearer on MOTD who are supporting the growing campaign for a price freeze or lower ticket prices, which is long overdue. This is not going to go away.
It was noticeable yesterday that at many grounds, even at Mancheter City's top of the table clash with Leicester, there were hundreds of empty seats. That doesn't look good for the "best league in the world". Television needs full stadiums otherwise there's no atmosphere and no spectacle.. Something has to be done especially as the PL clubs are now awash with more cash than ever before and if that means fans walking out then so be it.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Well I fully support those who walked out yesterday and there are signs that it's had an immediate impact by the way it's been picked up by the media and people like Alan Shearer on MOTD who are supporting the growing campaign for a price freeze or lower ticket prices, which is long overdue. This is not going to go away.
It was noticeable yesterday that at many grounds, even at Mancheter City's top of the table clash with Leicester, there were hundreds of empty seats. That doesn't look good for the "best league in the world". Television needs full stadiums otherwise there's no atmosphere and no spectacle.. Something has to be done especially as the PL clubs are now awash with more cash than ever before and if that means fans walking out then so be it.

But Liverpool have reduced or frozen the prices of 64% of season tickets for next year ! Seems odd that this hasn't been recognised by the fans instead they choose to protest about a minority of tickets that have had an increase.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
But Liverpool have reduced or frozen the prices of 64% of season tickets for next year ! Seems odd that this hasn't been recognised by the fans instead they choose to protest about a minority of tickets that have had an increase.

I agree whole heartedly. Also, LFC would not be doing this if they knew people weren't gunna pay the £77. Unfortunately demand outweighs supply in this case. They could charge a £100 and day trippers would pay it.

Liverpool should have moved stadium or expanded years ago with their worldwide fan base.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
. It's still getting on for 40%. With the riches of the new TV deal, the question is why are there any price rises at all for any tickets in the Premier League? In my view, there should be reductions in all ticket prices or at the very least a freeze for all.

Last edited:

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009

same ol scousers any excuse for a moan up, poor hard done by scousers eh.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I agree whole heartedly. Also, LFC would not be doing this if they knew people weren't gunna pay the £77. Unfortunately demand outweighs supply in this case. They could charge a £100 and day trippers would pay it.

Liverpool should have moved stadium or expanded years ago with their worldwide fan base.

Do they still really have a worldwide "fan" base?

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Do they still really have a worldwide "fan" base?

They certainly do, Hampster. Anfield is like the United Nations on matchdays and a visit to The Albert pub outside the Kop end really is a multi-national, multi-ethnic experience. My brother-in-law is a born and bred Scouser who got us a couple of tickets for the Kop when we were up there visiting my Scouser wife's family. I imagined I would be the odd one out as a Brighton fan among 45000 Scousers, but no - the foreign tourists were everywhere. Great for LFC I'm sure (ticket sales, merchandise, etc.) but it makes life hard for genuine local fans to buy tickets to watch their team. Even on the Anfield Stadium Tour my brother-in-law and I were the only Englishmen. One of the guides was glad to see us! So, yes, LFC does have a global fan base, but the overwhelming majority of them are the "brand" base sought out by those who know that they'll buy anything with a Liver Bird on it. Money spinner!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here