Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] BLACKIE READY FOR OXFORD TEST

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

Albion come into the game following a 4-1 win at Forest Green Rovers and despite the emphatic victory, Blackie felt the side should have recorded an even bigger win.“It really was frustrating, they set up to defend against us and the goalkeeper made some good saves.
“We could’ve gone in 4-0 up at half-time and we could’ve done better with some of the chances that we had. Then we conceded a penalty which was one of their only attacks of the game.
“It was starting to feel like one of those days where it just wasn’t going to happen, even though we were the dominant side. But we were patient and just kept going; we got our rewards for that.”
The Seagulls are currently fighting for trophies on four fronts, after the side progressed to the Premier League Cup quarter-finals and are also looking forward to a Sussex Challenge Cup semi-final tie against Chichester.
But the main priority for the midfielder and the squad remains the league and a chance to compete in the end-of-season Women’s Premier League play-off match.
“Everyone likes success. We’re in the quarter-finals of the League Cup and we’d like to progress to the final. The County Cup is always a nice one to bring home and the FA Cup is very exciting, because it gives you a chance to play against different teams, to progress as far as you can and test yourselves.
“We’ve only got four games left in the league and there are quite a few teams that still need to catch up with us.
“The league will eventually reflect how close it actually is rather than what it’s like at the moment. It looks like we’re running away with the title, but that’s not the case.”
The Albion skipper continues to be a mainstay of the side this season and has been pleased with her overall form going into the business end of the campaign.
“I feel like I’ve been quite consistent. You always have your ups and downs week by week, but I’m happy because I feel that I can still improve and get better.
“I’m just glad to be starting most games and to be leading the team. It’s great to be at the top of the table and shows just how good we are as a team.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here