Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's in our hands

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Final Score presenter Jason Mohammed said something along the lines of "Are Middlesbrough having their bad run (of the season) now?" I hope so.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Nah. That would put us on 92 points, 2 points a game. So far only Middlesbrough are on 2 points a game, I don't think we'd NEED that many for 2nd.

It'll be surprising if the team finishing first gets 92 points. Boro are on the slide anyway, and are getting injuries now. Be surprised if they can maintain it for their remaining 18 games.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
We brushed aside a decent Brentford side last night and I looked at our bench and thought it was packed with quality and that is without baldock and the Czech to come in. Let's not forget this side were top of the league unbeaten with the chance to put us out of sight before Dunk saw red against Derby. Boro and Hull are not streets ahead of us and we have a squad and management team packed with cool heads and experience

Bring on the rest of the season we are firmly in this race

Dunk saw red vs QPR but I get your point.

We've had 7 regular first team players out and of those only Kaz was on the bench yesterday and he wasn't required. With the additions we've made and players coming back we are all set for a strong finish. Some of those injured players might struggle to get back in as others have taken their chance superbly (Goldson) and some have raised their game (Murphy). If Bong & Rosenior come back over the next 3-4 weeks as is being touted, and Baldock is fit, we will have a very good match day squad with plenty of options. Let's hope our luck with injuries in the run in is far better than the first half season.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
86 points will get us second but why look at second ? The league title is up for grabs with 88 points

Dec 29, 2011
A but OT but CH is going to have nightmares picking his squad soon. Where the hell do Rosenior and Baldock fit in? Plus KLL and Skalak to juggle in there too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We need one or both to draw a game even against each other and we beat both
I wouldn't worry BG, it was fairly hypothetical anyway, none of use are going to win that many. We'll do well to win another 9.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Win all our remaining games (not likely) and we don't need to worry about GD.
Promotion would be guaranteed as Boro and Hull have to play each other.

Tough games ahead though.
We are the only top 6 team that still has to play each of the other 5.

Having to play all the other top 6 teams should really be looked at positively. It's a massive opportunity to take control with so many 6 pointer games to come. My glass is definitely half full this season.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
The table at this stage last season was remarkably similar; just shows that any of the top six that gets a good run can make it. Watford got 39 points from last 17 games. With half a side due to come back from injury or feature from Jan signing, can see no reason why we should not do so too.

Capture.JPG

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All this talk of Derby, Boro, Hull & Burnley....we can't rule Sheffield Wednesday completely out of it IMHO.

They're on a great run, full of confidence, and most importantly, they've finally found a prolific goalscorer who is bang in form in Gary Hooper. They had a very decent win today: if they win another three or four in a row, they will be putting the pressure right on.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
All this talk of Derby, Boro, Hull & Burnley....we can't rule Sheffield Wednesday completely out of it IMHO.

They're on a great run, full of confidence, and most importantly, they've finally found a prolific goalscorer who is bang in form in Gary Hooper. They had a very decent win today: if they win another three or four in a row, they will be putting the pressure right on.

Agreed - they are in almost exactly same position as Watford last season and in top 3 of form league (20 points from last 10). Forestieri is different class. Slight concern for them is if he or Hooper gets injured.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Having just watched Leicester on MOTD, the speed at which they counter is terrifying. But is it something we could replicate?

As soon as they turn over possession they have 4 players who blitz forward as fast as they can and sprint in unison into the opposition half.

We now have in Knockeart, Wilson, Murphy, LuaLua, Baldock and Skalak players who could allow us to adopt this type of breakaway.

Thinking about it, We may already have done so; Bobby's goal against Huddersfield had elements of this.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As the thread states, it is all in our own hands.

No need to 'worry' about the rest.

Beat Bolton, and the table will look even better, or as a minimum will be as it is now.

Play like we did on Friday when we go to Hull, and we may well bring back the points.

Stand or Fall. It is indeed in our hands.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Such a long way to go yet anything can happen.we just need to stay in the moment and take 1 game at a time.we proved already this season we can hold are own against any team but were well in with a strong shout be it playoff s or automatic

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
The table at this stage last season was remarkably similar; just shows that any of the top six that gets a good run can make it. Watford got 39 points from last 17 games. With half a side due to come back from injury or feature from Jan signing, can see no reason why we should not do so too.

View attachment 72122

That's really interesting for a number of reasons:-
1. Only Bournemouth of the top 5 at this stage went up.
2. Watford got automatic from 6th and 50 points.
3. Derby bottled it big time.
4. Boro failed to convert a strong position to get auto - and missed out in playoff lottery.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Been saying this for ages as we have all the teams above and around us still to play,

Considering we're only just in to the second half of the season if imagine all teams could say the same thing? :lol: #BGLogic

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's really interesting for a number of reasons:-
1. Only Bournemouth of the top 5 at this stage went up.
2. Watford got automatic from 6th and 50 points.
3. Derby bottled it big time.
4. Boro failed to convert a strong position to get auto - and missed out in playoff lottery.
Then probably the nearest thing to an absolute certainty is that it will work out entirely differently this year!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Win all our remaining games (not likely) and we don't need to worry about GD.
Promotion would be guaranteed as Boro and Hull have to play each other.

Tough games ahead though.
We are the only top 6 team that still has to play each of the other 5.

As I expected from the start of the season, we have got a hard/interesting finish to the season. Five six pointers.

Birmingham have got to entertain the top four.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
As the thread states, it is all in our own hands.

No need to 'worry' about the rest.

Beat Bolton, and the table will look even better, or as a minimum will be as it is now.

Play like we did on Friday when we go to Hull, and we may well bring back the points.

Stand or Fall. It is indeed in our hands.

i think we are currently in a great position still chasing the two quite catchable leaders.....we need to thump bolton then go to hull confident we can take the points , rather than being on top and feeling the pressure of slipping , our impetus is forwards and upwards....don't get me wrong, looking at our run in there are not any easy games but i think this squad is well equipped to make a very strong bid for top two......looking forward to seing skalak although i doubt he will get a gig at hull crofts or sidwell will need to be given the job of keeping livermore under control........:clap2::clap2::bhasign::bhasign:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here