Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train Munts

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
It is really frustrating in the NS when you've got a good chant going and the other side just ignores it. No excuses really because from my seat on the left side I can hear the right/police box crew but everyone around me just carries on regardless. Shame because if we were all in full flow it'd sound awesome.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was jumping around to that over twenty years ago and again last night. Absolutely brilliant.

Yes, but you're probably still in your 20s :wink:

If I had been there I would probably have done the same, to be fair, and I'm 107. It's nevertheless always pleasurable to be snooty from West Upper :lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
your the muppet for that statement -for fecks sake their US I BET THEY GET away more than you ----TWIT

image.jpg

:facepalm:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It is really frustrating in the NS when you've got a good chant going and the other side just ignores it. No excuses really because from my seat on the left side I can hear the right/police box crew but everyone around me just carries on regardless. Shame because if we were all in full flow it'd sound awesome.

I must say I do enjoy the Judge and your little group there, and do join in with them. I also start a hell of a lot with [MENTION=579]Drumstick[/MENTION] from the back center of the North. My frustration is the Judge et al doesn't appear to join in with anything the rest of the stand is singing, preferring instead to only start their own stuff. Is that a fair assessment would you say?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can anyone translate that in to English and what does it have to do with the delayed 10.17?

Translated into Polish on Google translate, and then back in English it comes out as:
"Your Muppet for that account -for the sake of the American fecks I bet away more than you ---- twit."

Any help?.........No, I thought not.......

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I thought WSU had one of their best performances and NS was good as well. Good atmosphere all round for me
I watched on TV over in the other side of the country,.... I can only assume that Sky have poor microphone placement because it sounded very subdued.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I watched on TV over in the other side of the country,.... I can only assume that Sky have poor microphone placement because it sounded very subdued.

They must have because from the south west corner it sounded good for the most part, the exception being the Brentford fans.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Holloway is a decent bloke. Always cheerful, not as stupid as many make him out to be, and totally dedicated to his family. He has three profoundly deaf daughters, his wife has had cancer, but he never plays the victim card.

So they claim (and can you blame them?)

The Police Box Gang were in "fine form" last night...

I don't think they started a single chant that even got taken up by the rest of the North let alone spread to the other stands. The football was good enough not to worry about it but it is irksome. They could be so good as the link between North and WSU but they are determined to be the opposite and succeed in that aim.

From the left side of the North Stand, it's still impossible to hear anything that comes from underneath the police box.

The guys at the back, behind us left siders, were in fine voice, though. How much of the noise travels how far is, however, a complete mystery. I guess we will just have to carry on moaning about not hearing anyone sing ... ever.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
From the left side of the North Stand, it's still impossible to hear anything that comes from underneath the police box.

The guys at the back, behind us left siders, were in fine voice, though. How much of the noise travels how far is, however, a complete mystery. I guess we will just have to carry on moaning about not hearing anyone sing ... ever.
Agreed that to carry on moaning is probably the best option. My theory is that PBC chants do not travel very well across the North Stand because they insist on singing their special songs that no-one else wants to join in. When any of the North groups (PBC, Centre Back, Leftside) gets a chant going that is liked and picked up by other fans nearby then it CAN BE HEARD LOUD AND CLEAR elsewhere in the ground.

The TRUTH about WSU atmosphere is that the place is full of mainly longterm Brighton fans that enjoy the match and are very supportive of the team. EVERY SINGLE TIME SINCE THE AMEX OPENED that the North have got a decent chant going then the WSU have joined in and added significantly to the total decibels. At the best times it is deafening up there. The chants that get sung by WSU are the 5 or 6 Albion classics + the occasional latest popularised/simple song for an individual player.

If only the North could sort themselves out and lead things more effectively then the Amex atmosphere would be consistently brilliant.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sigh... this one again.
. As usual I heard f'all being started from WSU.

Not sure how you can criticise fans in the highest point of the stadium and in the main stand.

Since when has the main stand in any football stadium been a singing section?
I don't remember the fans in the West Stand seats at the Goldstone starting songs, but you wouldn't know that.
I'm guessing you are about 17/18 with that user name.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Holloway is a decent bloke. Always cheerful, not as stupid as many make him out to be, and totally dedicated to his family. He has three profoundly deaf daughters, his wife has had cancer, but he never plays the victim card.

All this and he sold Bobby Zamora to us.

What a guy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here