Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-post-brentford-l229-2941282_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
23:40 5th February 2016
by Paul Camillin
Brighton & Hove Albion boss Chris Hughton hailed tonight's performance as the best of the season so far, but felt his side should have won by more than three goals.
It was certainly one of our best performances of the season, and what we were able to get was some goals."
Chris Hughton
The Seagulls cruised to their biggest win of the campaign over Brentford, thanks to goals from Anthony Knockaert, Tomer Hemed and Jamie Murphy.He said, "It was certainly one of our best performances of the season, and what we were able to get was some goals.
"As the game went on, Brentford had to push to get back into the game and probably the only disappointment is that we could have got more goals.
"With the breaks, they were playing quite a high line and they took a few chances – which they had to do – we had a really good opportunity to get more goals.
"It was a good all-round performance. We can talk about goals and looking to get more, but clean sheets are incredibly important.
"We had to defend well and we certainly needed David Stockdale for us. He made a very good save in the first half and sometimes games hinge on those moments.
"Overall though, we had to work very hard as Brentford are a very good team on the ball, but it was a very good all-round performance."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Meanwhile, Hughton has welcomed the increased competition for places, after the club's activity in the transfer market, and with a number of players coming back from injury."The selection decisions are problems that I would rather have than not have and at the minute, we have got really good choices and good pressure on positions.
"Hopefully over the next few weeks we will see a few more come back in the likes of Gaetan, Liam and Gordon Greer, and that will cause me more problems, but I’d certainly rather have them than not.
"The Rotherham game was the nadir. Sometimes you can look back and I hope that come the end of the season Rotherham will be the game that we look back on as the only one where I could be critical of the players.
"Even in some of the games that we have lost, for example Ipswich here and Wolves here, I could not criticise the endeavour or work rate of the players - it just didn’t happen for us.
"I hope that we can look back and say that we have certainly turned the corner. The recovery started with a really good win away at Blackburn and now off the back of two home wins, we are looking forward to another home game next week.
"We go into a really tough period the week after next with a lot of midweek games and we will need everything that we have got, but it is certainly nice to play on a Friday night when you win the game."

[h=3]ALBION V BOLTON WANDERERS
[/h]SATURDAY 13TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS UNITED**
[/h]MONDAY 29TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY*
[/h]TUESDAY 8TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here