Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Rozzers

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Was it my imagination or were there a few more police than normal there tonight?

Seems to happen whenever a London club come to town?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was there. And so was one of my colleagues :thumbsup:

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Yep we noticed it too both before and after the game. We also commented on how many there were in the North Stand concourse at half time.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
There were two sets of 4 in the away end at half time, unless i came across therm twice and there were only 4,
Again before the game there were constantly there on the approach from the station when there are normally none.
But a lot more than usual.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
There were quite a few meat wagons parked up in Bennets field. Although I can only remember seeing three coppers all night. Perhaps they had a van each?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think there were a bit more than normal. I was up in Town on Thursday lunchtime and areas were closed off, police and transport police on every corner and all along Embankment. I think a security threat has heightened this last few days. Brighton is also a known target for ISIS.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Was it my imagination or were there a few more police than normal there tonight?

Seems to happen whenever a London club come to town?

Actually funnily enough i noticed there were a lot of Coppers outside after the game especially,
maybe they got wind that some Chelski were coming with them to " av it large " with some of Brightons lads.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Very unusual to see the Thin Blue Line strolling through WSL concourse before the match so was noticeable when two pairs walked through. Also thought a bigger police presence than usual outside before the game.

I saw something I'd never seen before - a police officer in the North Stand using a video recorder. Round about kick-off time, at the top of the stairs to entrance F. He seemed mainly interested in what was going on at the front of the stand, not the back.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What? Next thing you'll be saying that you enjoy HB&B's writings.

Well, Brighton has been identified by anti terrorist agencies as a highly likely target. Well, until it was uncovered that it is on an intercepted list as a proposed target by IS, then it was escalated to a definite target risk.

Do you not watch the news?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I saw something I'd never seen before - a police officer in the North Stand using a video recorder. Round about kick-off time, at the top of the stairs to entrance F. He seemed mainly interested in what was going on at the front of the stand, not the back.

I walked past him. Was filming the Brentford fans and appeared to be scanning their support looking for certain individuals.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Not sure about the rozzer numbers but I was frisked rather robustly by a steward at the turnstile. He even took my inside leg measurement. :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here