Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert - The standard of signing we needed

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I don't think it is; £500k was what I saw reported at the time. A bargain on the scale of the Kayal and Stephens transfers if correct.

I wasn't sure if it was him or a Brentford player that was referred to - I just heard 'bought from Shrewsbury' and '£1m' mentioned and assumed it was Goldson. I completely agree on the bargain though. Greer and Uwe have a task to get into the 11.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Great enthusiasm and spirit! He is like a technically gifted Gary Hart! Some Vicente type moments tonite! Great signing!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only player in the history of t'internet, to actually play like his Youtube highlights reel.

Praise just doesn't get higher than that.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Quality signing - could well be a promotion clincher he's made such an impact.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Such a ridiculously gifted player, who also works his socks off. What a performance tonight.

Goldson was a man mountain. Greer has been a stalwart and an excellent captain/organiser, but his alarming lack of pace thesedays and some related errors, mean that he definitely should NOT be a starter.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Knockeart is the Suarez of The Championship - slight exaggeration, but I've had a few beers!
The way he chases down every ball and harrasses players into making mistakes. Looks to be unstoppable when running at speed with the ball at his feet. Brings other players into the game.
That £2 million looks to be a bargain already!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Agree with all above looks like the best signing in the championship by a mile and that includes the over priced Rhodes

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
What impresses me most about him, it isn't his skill (that's obvious), it isn't his passion (that's obvious too), it's his high intensity runs. I've not seen a player like it, he covers so much ground, but a lot of players can do that as long as it's fairly low intensity, but my god the amount of high intensity sprints and runs he makes is unreal. It's just relentless, even in the 93rd minute he was still sprinting full pelt. Amazing.

Top post fella. You've nailed it.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Best player imho Albion have ever signed along with BZ of course

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We must have the best set of wingers in the league in terms of the threat they all possess.
Knockhart was outstanding again, but murphys work rate tonight was also exceptional and a well deserved goal. LuaLua and Shalek to offer competition as well and Marxh who was arguably our best player for the 6 weeks prior to his injury an added bonus when he returns

Thought March looked like the best player in the Championship for that six week period. But, yup, we're really strong out wide. Boro can have Rhodes for £11m + his ridiculous wage package, CH, PW and our poker player have prised Knockaert for c£2m.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I actually said at the time we signed him he'll be the closest thing to Vicente we've seen as technically he's so good. Only wish we'd got him on a free in the Sunmer, although I doubt he'd have wanted to join us then given last season!

Worth noting he's the first player who has just ran at people in the middle of the park since Vicente too. He's ballsy to do it but it scares the shite out of defenders. Doesn't just go down the wing like most 'wingers'. Also a mention for his effort and workrate defending as that seems fantastic too. Great signing and I believe it was cheaper than the initial reports too wasn't it...?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thought March looked like the best player in the Championship for that six week period. But, yup, we're really strong out wide. Boro can have Rhodes for £11m + his ridiculous wage package, CH, PW and our poker player have prised Knockaert for c£2m.

Gibson trying to buy automatic PL promotion with player spending dwarfing anything the Albion have done in its entire history. Wouldn't be a shame if BHA, Burnley and Hull pipped M'boro come May.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
He's such a compact, pacy, low centre of gravity type of player that's almost impossible to play against. Fantastic to watch and am sure that Murphy's improvement today was due in no small part to his and KLL's presence in the squad.

You need quality in droves to bring out the quality in others and drive the team forward.

The ONLY negative is the return of that ****TARD heartbeat/Buckley song. Seriously ALBION fans can we not just up our game a little bit to find less durgy songs?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Absolute quality. What a player. With him and the players around him he will create chances and score goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here