New BBC football website ... no team lineups

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know.....need to have a row with them. Fibre broadband, phone, 2 x HD boxes and one normal box, sports & movies
Ouch. No doubt you know, but you can have sky in other rooms by using your laptop, iPads etc, and signing in to your sky account. Not difficult, but perhaps not as user friendly and easy, so if you can afford the charge for the extra boxes I don't blame you. There's no reason why you can't get your sky tv package for half price though. Just by telling them you want to cancel and switch to BT/Virgin/Netflix/Amazon etc, they should offer you a third off. I had to actually leave and wait a few days before they offered me half price, but I see no point in paying more.

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
High quality radio stations broadcasting online and on FM plus good old Long Wave and the World Service. Independent news coverage that can't be bought. Quality documentaries. Dan Walker. John Simpson. A website that is truly state of the art and covers just about every subject you could want.

Football scores. With the lineups. Sports Apps. Apps generally. The weather. Today. Terry Wogan (RIP). Eggheads, University Challenge and Mastermind. Cooking contests. The One Show. Enders. Silent Witness. Reporting of pretty much every major event going (online and on the radio and telly). The shipping forecast. TMS

Of course not all of those are everyone's cup of tea but if you're not getting £12 a month (or about 40p a day) value out of it you;re not trying hard enough.

This, usually watch the BBC channels, what's on the hundreds of satellite channels isn't usually worth watching.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Whenever I'm involved in planning new websites, sometimes you just have to say 'of course they'll see that won't they?' Just goes to show you have to take absolutely everything into account regardless of whether it is obvious or not.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ouch. No doubt you know, but you can have sky in other rooms by using your laptop, iPads etc, and signing in to your sky account. Not difficult, but perhaps not as user friendly and easy, so if you can afford the charge for the extra boxes I don't blame you. There's no reason why you can't get your sky tv package for half price though. Just by telling them you want to cancel and switch to BT/Virgin/Netflix/Amazon etc, they should offer you a third off. I had to actually leave and wait a few days before they offered me half price, but I see no point in paying more.

Thanks - we do that as well depending on who is fighting for what TV but don't really like watching TV on the ipad or PC/laptop much. Last time I tried the 'I'm leaving for Virgin' trick (about a year ago), they didn't buy it (poss because I did it once before and got a reduction for 6 months, maybe 5 years ago) so will have another go at some point.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks - we do that as well depending on who is fighting for what TV but don't really like watching TV on the ipad or PC/laptop much.
Hook them up to your TVs, so you aren't watching on the iPad. If you haven't got smart TVs, get some of those gadgets that make your TV smart, so you can watch youtube etc on the TV too.
Last time I tried the 'I'm leaving for Virgin' trick (about a year ago), they didn't buy it (poss because I did it once before and got a reduction for 6 months, maybe 5 years ago)
No, they just beat you at the poker game. They bluffed, you folded. I get the deals every year, they don't black list you. If you're planning to go on holiday or something, cancel so that your subscription runs out just as you're about to go, so if you have to go through with the cancellation, you don't miss any TV as you're leaving anyway.

When you're talking to them, obviously be polite etc, but don't let them think you can't do without Sky. I make it clear it's about money, we simply can't afford it, but that I do use a bit of both movies and sport etc, so I'm not willing to remove something from the package, it's all or nothing. I tell them I plan to switch to Netflix and BT etc, and I don't need so much sport as I'm an STH at my local football team don't you know :) As I said, last year the deal wasn't good enough (33% off for a year), so I left, and a few days after leaving I joined back with 50% off.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
To be fair we have all done it.

I had some work done in my kitchen when I was renting a flat a few years ago. The day after they were finished (which was Christmas Eve) my wife went to use the oven and it wouldn't work. She started to complain to me so I steamed in and called the letting agents and went mad saying we had to cook the Christmas dinner etc. By the time they had called back 15 minutes later, I realised it was just because the power wasn't switched on....

Of course I did what all decent men would do - I blamed the wife for not checking

:thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be fair we have all done it.

I had some work done in my kitchen when I was renting a flat a few years ago. The day after they were finished (which was Christmas Eve) my wife went to use the oven and it wouldn't work. She started to complain to me so I steamed in and called the letting agents and went mad saying we had to cook the Christmas dinner etc. By the time they had called back 15 minutes later, I realised it was just because the power wasn't switched on....

Of course I did what all decent men would do - I blamed the wife for not checking
Although this was 20 years ago, I still remember it clearly - guy who sat opposite me at work was on the phone to his bank, ranting at them and what they'd done wrong - they denied it all, but he wasn't having it and demanded to speak the the supervisor, then ranted at them. Then suddenly he politely said, I'm terribly sorry, wrong bank.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Although this was 20 years ago, I still remember it clearly - guy who sat opposite me at work was on the phone to his bank, ranting at them and what they'd done wrong - they denied it all, but he wasn't having it and demanded to speak the the supervisor, then ranted at them. Then suddenly he politely said, I'm terribly sorry, wrong bank.

:facepalm::lolol::lolol:This makes me feel a lot better

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here