Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replacement for Chicksen

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am trying to be logical and not get caught out again. As I have said many times I believe this mistake is the reason we are not in an automatic promotion place and could come back to haunt us and us saying if only.

1. We have the same amount of cover at LB (Bong, Rosenior, Calderon) as we do at CB (4 for two places) and RB (Bruno, Rosenior, Calderon), so why are you not fretting over those positions?

2. The 'unfunny' part was your hilarious suggestion of Hughton / Borrowdale. Albeit KIND of funny insofar as whilst you were trying to be funny with those, they were barely any more ridiculous than some of your genuine suggestions...

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I am trying to be logical and not get caught out again. As I have said many times I believe this mistake is the reason we are not in an automatic promotion place and could come back to haunt us and us saying if only.

Nothing to do with not being able to score goals?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We may need cover for leftback but we have always needed that due to the rating that CH has of Chicksen.

If our Left back cover was only really 4th choice behind our 2nd choice right back and 3rd choice right back then he should have been replaced in the summer.

As far as I'm concerned we're in the same position as we have been all season, which isn't a replacement for Chicksen but a left back who could compete with Bong

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We may need cover for leftback but we have always needed that due to the rating that CH has of Chicksen.

If our Left back cover was only really 4th choice behind our 2nd choice right back and 3rd choice right back then he should have been replaced in the summer.

As far as I'm concerned we're in the same position as we have been all season, which isn't a replacement for Chicksen but a left back who could compete with Bong

That is my point and as regards HKFC saying about having cover for Bruno both Rosenior and Calderon are right backs so it would come easy to cover Bruno. Neither are left footed left backs and shouldn't be expected to be able to cover Bong except in a very short emergency. It is my belief that we should have learnt from our mistakes and bring in either an experienced signing either from a club or free agent to replace Chicksen who was obviously not considered good enough and now sent out to a div 2 club on loan. In a hypothetical situation Ridgewell goes back to USA Rosenior not fit and Bong gets a red card 3 match suspension do we revert back to Calderon again, having proved he is not now good enough for 90 mins or do we panic and seek out a Premier loan probably a youngster..

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
That is my point and as regards HKFC saying about having cover for Bruno both Rosenior and Calderon are right backs so it would come easy to cover Bruno. Neither are left footed left backs and shouldn't be expected to be able to cover Bong except in a very short emergency. It is my belief that we should have learnt from our mistakes and bring in either an experienced signing either from a club or free agent to replace Chicksen who was obviously not considered good enough and now sent out to a div 2 club on loan. In a hypothetical situation Ridgewell goes back to USA Rosenior not fit and Bong gets a red card 3 match suspension do we revert back to Calderon again, having proved he is not now good enough for 90 mins or do we panic and seek out a Premier loan probably a youngster..

This Saga continues for BG

This being the case would someone please set up a thread to raise enough funds for the ''BALBFBG Foundation Trust''

BALBFBG or to give it it's full title ''BUY A LEFT BACK FOR BENS GRANDAD''

BALBFBG can be set of for the sole purpose that BG can move on and live a happy stress free and fruitful life without the fear or worry that the left back position down at the Amex will always be covered. Please give generously

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was said that none were available at the time, which is possibly correct but since then 4 have been transferred to other clubs either as first choice or as cover why are we not in that race do we not really want to get promoted this season. I am convinced there are better left backs sitting in a reserve team for the premier clubs than Calderon who may never get a game for their club who we could chase. Even the loanee we brought in was never a 1st choice left back, as showed against Huddersfield.when he was caught out being in the middle.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
It was said that none were available at the time, which is possibly correct but since then 4 have been transferred to other clubs either as first choice or as cover why are we not in that race do we not really want to get promoted this season. I am convinced there are better left backs sitting in a reserve team for the premier clubs than Calderon who may never get a game for their club who we could chase.

This is getting boring now, please give it a rest.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Help Police stop that man

Which man ?

That man there running down the road with the little boy with the number 3 on his back

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Sorry but it is so true and so obvious that anybody should be able to see it,. Yes it may cost money but not getting promotion because of it will be more costly,.

and you are still going, i think we have all got the idea.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I will leave this now and come back when we fail to make the automatics because of this sticking with Rosenior and Calderon rather than bringing in another man who could do the job,. I just hope I finish up with egg on my face in which case I will be a happy man.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
BALBFBG can be set of for the sole purpose that BG can move on and live a happy stress free and fruitful life without the fear or worry that the left back position down at the Amex will always be covered. Please give generously
Splendid idea!

Perhaps the scheme should be extended to buying a first class left back for the ladies team as well, and have it written into their contracts that they breed, and their offspring goes straight into the new nursery complex at the Lancing academy. Perhaps some embryos could also be stored, and activated at appropriate intervals as part of the Left Back breeding scheme, through which the club breeds its own Left Backs (and reserve LBs) in sufficient numbers and in perpetuity!

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Splendid idea!

Perhaps the scheme should be extended to buying a first class left back for the ladies team as well, and have it written into their contracts that they breed, and their offspring goes straight into the new nursery complex at the Lancing academy. Perhaps some embryos could also be stored, and activated at appropriate intervals as part of the Left Back breeding scheme, through which the club breeds its own Left Backs (and reserve LBs) in sufficient numbers and in perpetuity!

Now this is a plan, lets set up a just giving page right away.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Replacement for Chicksen? Can you actually technically use the term 'replacement' for a player who was only ever a fairly anonymous squad member in the first place?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Replacement for Chicksen? Can you actually technically use the term 'replacement' for a player who was only ever a fairly anonymous squad member in the first place?

Replace him in the squad sorry not supposed to be answering on this thread. He was another player to thank Burke for.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Let's just consider the 'four' who you consider to have been 'available', shall we?

Rhoys Wiggins
Would NOT have been available to US. Why would Wednesday agree to loan to a direct rival (clue: they wouldn't)

Marcus Ollson
Is a LEFT MIDFIELDER, converted to left back out of necessity.

Richie De Laet
Is a RIGHT FOOTED, RIGHT BACK, who sometimes makes do on the left (which according to you discounts Rosenior and Calderon from the coveted position of back-up-left-back)

Ashley Cole
Is thirty five years old, and hasn't played a competitive match in months and months, and would want massive wages, which would be very poorly spent on a reserve, and.......FFS why am I bothering...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here