Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora - "Fans need to play their part"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We never have done, for the 35 years I've been watching.

Albion home fans are, have been, and will always be, reactive not proactive.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Very few players could get away with this 'criticism' of the fans, Bobby is about the only one in the current team.

I didn't take it as criticism...

"The fans are magnificent and they have got to realise they can make a difference."
“They have been absolutely brilliant. They make a big difference..."

Jan 4, 2016
No chance when the game is Cat A and on Sky. Why is Brentford Cat A when Burnley on a Saturday and massive game isn't? Brentford will bring about 300 whereas Burnley maybe 1,200.

My daughters wanted to go Friday but I've said no.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I didn't take it as criticism...

"The fans are magnificent and they have got to realise they can make a difference."
“They have been absolutely brilliant. They make a big difference..."

They make a big difference and it’s strange they don’t realise that.

Why does he say that emboldened part?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Excellent use of the much-underused word 'curmudgeons' BTW :thumbsup:
Thanks. Nice use of "pre-KO muppet show"....

I hope Bobby's comment will remind a few people (perhaps some reading this thread) that it is worthwhile to be vocal in their support of the team on Friday night.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
They seem to intentionally sing different songs at the SAME TIME that people are singing other songs though. And only sing songs that are obscure/new, rather than joining in with everyone else. I don't really care what we sing within reason, it's VOLUME that matters.

That said, some of the songs they sing are ****ing awful as well, hence why they haven't taken off. E.G. That Rohan Ince monstrosity.

I'm not sure which group you are referring to but I've stood with the group under the police box and when 10/15 of you are singing one thing, it's impossible to hear other songs being sung by other parts of the North Stand. This group also sings ALL of the Albion songs, not just new ones. I agree with you on some of the songs being bad but at least they making some sort of effort to improve the atmosphere.

Is the Rohan Ince song about him coming from Chelsea? If so that was started by a different group in the north stand.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Why does he say that emboldened part?
I think he is saying "If only they knew how much difference it makes then I'm sure they would make a lot more noise".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The real kick in the knackers about us not singing, is the noise generated when we do.

From the shhhhh East stand, it's almost as if the noise is trapped under the West stand roof.
It rolls around somewhat akin to thunder,

I'd swear blind the ground is still 'singing' when everybody has stop and reverted back to tutting as soon as Hemed misplaces a pass.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
They seem to intentionally sing different songs at the SAME TIME that people are singing other songs though. And only sing songs that are obscure/new, rather than joining in with everyone else. I don't really care what we sing within reason, it's VOLUME that matters.

That said, some of the songs they sing are ****ing awful as well, hence why they haven't taken off. E.G. That Rohan Ince monstrosity.

You know what I think the weird thing is? I've sat under the police box a few times and it must affect the acoustics because it deadens the sound coming from the rest of the ground. You can't hear anything, from anywhere. All I could hear was the police box gang singing their bizarre songs. Even when the middle/east part of the north started singing you could barely hear that either. I've sat in every stand and it really is weird sitting under the police box, it's like you're wearing ear defenders.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
SWC will be on it!

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I freakin hate Friday night games. I'm knackered out, have to rush home and get changed before rushing off to the nearest P & R site which means I can't drink. All I can do is think about getting home and opening something long and cold to wash away another sh1te week at work. Put me down in the curmudgeon camp.

I will try and make a noise Bobby, but just remember some of us have to work all week.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
After a couple of hop based lubricants our small section will enter the fray and make our effort. As mentioned, that awful Ring of Fire drowns all else out then it's back down to the masses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here