Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool fan jailed for storming Director's Box

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A new low reached today at Bloomfield Road, as Blackpool played Bradford.

[tweet]703655587406618624[/tweet]

[tweet]703659725712453632[/tweet]

[tweet]703653497049391105[/tweet]

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Does that mean that nobody can ever play a song with the word fire in it whenever Bradford are the opponents? How about when Liverpool are about, nobody mention fence? Or Juventus and wall?

Ridiculous.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Does that mean that nobody can ever play a song with the word fire in it whenever Bradford are the opponents? How about when Liverpool are about, nobody mention fence? Or Juventus and wall?

Ridiculous.

Ordinarily, I agree with pretty much all your posts on here but this time I think you're wrong.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Ordinarily, I agree with pretty much all your posts on here but this time I think you're wrong.

Agree. Why would you ever need to play that song when Bradford are the opposition? It's not like it's a current song or particularly akin to Blackpool. Attila playing Taxman (?) when we played Chesterfield was one thing (and justified), this most certainly isn't.

Stumpy Tim

I remember we used to get The Village People played at away games all the time. Not the same obviously, but I think it shows people do make music choices based on the opposition. Wouldn't surprise me if this was deliberate

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk

That's absolutely disgusting.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Even with the history of their owners, find it hard to believe at was done on purpose. More like just thoughtless..

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Even with the history of their owners, find it hard to believe at was done on purpose. More like just thoughtless..

Really? There's a zillion other songs they could have played which would have been more up to date and relevant (to Blackpool). Not saying the owners had anything to do with it but whoever did needs to be wearing his bollocks as earrings!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I am very aware of what happened at the Bradford tragedy and would be angry if I thought that Blackpool FC or one of its employees were taking the pixx. I also think that whoever chose/played the song probably did not consider that some people might read something into the song choice that probably never existed in the first place.

I know of the tragedy at Ibrox, but it means little to me as I am not sure that I was even born. We probably now have PA announcers at grounds around the country who may have been less than 5 years old at the time of the Bradford fire, they are in the same boat as me but on a different event. Anyway, hopefully we can all hope that the Oystons are out of football ASAP.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's an odd song just to pluck from mid air isn't it?

Apparently it has been played there before. I doubt it was deliberate. Nonetheless, a poor choice.

P.S Good luck tomorrow.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Hopefully the Blackpool fans will look after him like we did our very own Nelson Mandela Simon Valder?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The fightback has begun.

Valeri Belokon has won the 'small case' against the Oystons. The 'big case' will be heard in the summer.

[tweet]834746622760333312[/tweet]

[tweet]834750613212770304[/tweet]

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
As Owen Oyston would probably say "It's not what you know but who you know....."

Oyston should know all about a jail sentence, shouldn't he? Did he serve time for rape/underage sex? I remember visiting fans taunting the Oyston family with the chant "Sewing bags, sewing bags......"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Blackpool's controversial owners were taken to the cleaners in a multi-million pound court case by club president Valeri Belokon.
The Oystons face a mammoth bill - which stands at a minimum £2million but is likely to soar far higher - after losing against the Latvian in Manchester's High Court.
Belokon filed for a share of profits from Bloomfield Road's south stand, which his £4.75m loan nine years ago helped to build.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...y-lose-court-dispute-Blackpool-president.html

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I think it all comes down to money,sadly, if "these types" of people aren't made an example of millions will be lost in commercial revenue and sponsorships, sad sad times and unfortunately will only get worse if we go up,I've even considered giving it all up when we get to the prem

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Blackpool's controversial owners were taken to the cleaners in a multi-million pound court case by club president Valeri Belokon.
The Oystons face a mammoth bill - which stands at a minimum £2million but is likely to soar far higher - after losing against the Latvian in Manchester's High Court.
Belokon filed for a share of profits from Bloomfield Road's south stand, which his £4.75m loan nine years ago helped to build.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...y-lose-court-dispute-Blackpool-president.html

Thats absolutely brilliant news, very pleased for the Blackpool fans. Hopefully it'll put Belokon in a position to run the Oystons out of that club once and for all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here