Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Putin serious in threat to Bomb Saudi Arabia back to the Stone Age

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Putin serious in threat to Bomb Saudi Arabia back to the Stone Age

Might not be the worst idea in the world at that. If America and Putin could get together and have a sensible discussion about fairness for all afterwards - land for the Palestinians (without Jewish incursions), a home for the Kurds (f*** Turkey and Syria if they don't like it}, guaranteed security for the Ukraine and the Baltic states - and a few other things, all mutually guaranteed by Russia and the USA.........world might be a safer and better place.
Sadly won't happen though.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
The US and UK would not allow Russia to attack Saudi.

Hopefully just usual hyperbole from Putin, if not then we may want to start buying tinned beans and bottled water.

#protectandsurvive

The US might not but, I doubt Putin gives two f##ks about the UKs stance.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Saudi has CAUSED the fall in oil prices, their aim is to bankrupt the shale gas/oil producers in the US by making it prohibitively expensive to extract the gas and oil, they are the ones who have continuued pumping unwanted barrels of oil causing massive oversupply.

Following the easing of sanctions, Iran is about to bring an additional 3 million barrels a day to market, supply is already massively out weighing demand.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What the Saudis are doing in the Yemen is disgusting. The West is trying to oust Assad for less. Will they call for regime change in Saudi Arabia too?

Will they f***.

Maybe we should all be asking ourselves why?

Because the UK sells an absolute ****load of weapons to the Saudi regime making us complicit in everything that is happening in Yemen?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The biggest question is, what would follow if the Saudi monarchy was deposed? I have absolutely no time for the country or its monarchy, any more than I liked Gadaffi or Saddam, but if chaos follows as it has done in Iraq and Libya, then is the current arrangement better than the alternatives?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You do realise that the government suppresses this type of news story don't you. They've been doing it for the last 5 years.

Yep, ever since Premier League was founded in fact.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Might not be the worst idea in the world at that. If America and Putin could get together and have a sensible discussion about fairness for all afterwards - land for the Palestinians (without Jewish incursions), a home for the Kurds (f*** Turkey and Syria if they don't like it},...

and that is why it wont happen, you have to have agreement from the local peoples, and they wont agree. this isnt 19th Century anymore when England, France and few others would carve out who has what and police it. pity, alot of areas where more peaceful then.

The biggest question is, what would follow if the Saudi monarchy was deposed? I have absolutely no time for the country or its monarchy, any more than I liked Gadaffi or Saddam, but if chaos follows as it has done in Iraq and Libya, then is the current arrangement better than the alternatives?

it would certainly fracture, like most countries its not a cohesive nation. one cant go from absolute monarchy to democracy without some substantial pain, which is usually worse than the abuses under monarchy and there's no gurantee democracy is the outcome.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Saudi are not far behind pretty much all of our planets biggest problems right now but unfortunately the west is so far up their backsides that they seem to be able to do pretty much anything thy want. Vile country.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
............It is imperative for all Syrian parties that believe in a peaceful resolution for their country’s five-year civil war to sit down at the negotiation table and denounce the Saudi destructive role,” said President Putin, adding that Russia will bomb Saudi Arabia back to the Stone Age life when nomad Arabs were in the habit of living in tents unless the regime gives up assisting radical terrorists in the Middle-East.................

http://powerglobal.us/2016/01/28/pu...one-age-if-it-continues-to-support-terrorism/
It's blatantly clear the Saudi's are a big big problem and funding a lot of these extremists and are doing jack shite with all these refuges.
Putin has the inside knowledge and he knows who's the problem and that will include the USA amongst others.

Team Putin for me

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
It cares enough to poison and shoot their own countrymen who live here.

Don't discount the UK at all. There is more Russian money embroiled in London than anywhere else in the world.

Surely that shows that Putin thinks so little of the UK that he will order a high profile hit on its soil not giving a damn about any consequence. I agree with the Moscow dosh in London, but who needs who more.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Surely that shows that Putin thinks so little of the UK that he will order a high profile hit on its soil not giving a damn about any consequence. I agree with the Moscow dosh in London, but who needs who more.
You got proof of that?
Just presuming as you'll never prove it fact :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

This is why the Septics and us will prop them up... it's oil and the Saudi's are sitting on plenty of it. although the Shale oil is reducing demand if we need oil we would rather buy it from the Saudi's rather than be held hostage to Russian and Iranian oil.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Whatever happens ,we should of let these countries get on with it ,Blair was wrong to invade ,did he do it for the right reason or oil

who knows , these countries are 200 years behind us and dont want peace ,ifear for my kids

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
You got proof of that?
Just presuming as you'll never prove it fact :)

When I certainly won't presume that Russian secret services wouldn't do much without Putin being in the know or his close knit advisers being aware.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here