Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Putin serious in threat to Bomb Saudi Arabia back to the Stone Age

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I was thinking of buying a new car soon. Maybe I better reconsider a 5.7 litre v8 in favour of a for Ka....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Seems like the Russian bear is growling again. It's all a phoney war, mind.

Dec 29, 2011
Saudi has CAUSED the fall in oil prices, their aim is to bankrupt the shale gas/oil producers in the US by making it prohibitively expensive to extract the gas and oil, they are the ones who have continuued pumping unwanted barrels of oil causing massive oversupply.

Took the words out of my mouth. Some people haven't a clue about word politics it appears.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Saudi has CAUSED the fall in oil prices, their aim is to bankrupt the shale gas/oil producers in the US by making it prohibitively expensive to extract the gas and oil, they are the ones who have continuued pumping unwanted barrels of oil causing massive oversupply.

They're still broke as a result. $98Bn deficit last year.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

This. No wonder Putin is mad, it's destroying the Russian economy.

Yoda

English & European
There could be a slight rise in petrol prices if this happens.

Putin is currently unhappy with the price of oil hence his rhetoric !

Exactly, Would leave Russia as the 2nd largest producer by far, pushing the price through the roof and forcing the rest of the World to buy from them again. He's only looking after his own Countries interests and economy.

Dec 29, 2011
They're still broke as a result. $98Bn deficit last year.

Yes they're broke. They have no investments, property, gold, assets, they are small players in the world market. I mean they've only been receiving billions in revenue for the last two decades but I'm sure they spent it all on fast cars and jets right?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes they're broke. They have no investments, property, gold, assets, they are small players in the world market. I mean they've only been receiving billions in revenue for the last two decades but I'm sure they spent it all on fast cars and jets right?

I'm sure I saw something in the paper the other day that the Saudi's wealth has dropped about 10 % in a year, but still plenty in the tank, excuse the pun.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
bomb Saudi and Russia would be cut off economically the next day, which would piss off alot of wealthy Russians, and Putin's days would be numbered. this is about Saudi's screwing with the oil market and putting Russia into economic problems while trying to deal with sanctions - it means they are working (because of Ukraine, remember?) Saudi's can cope with the low oil price for as long as they want, because they are responsible for suppressing prices themselves. they'll reduce the supply and bring up the price eventually, though days of $100+ have gone thanks to shale. Russia doesnt give a shit about Syria other than their military base there and a sence o still being a global geo-political player.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
bomb Saudi and Russia would be cut off economically the next day, which would piss off alot of wealthy Russians, and Putin's days would be numbered. this is about Saudi's screwing with the oil market and putting Russia into economic problems while trying to deal with sanctions - it means they are working (because of Ukraine, remember?) Saudi's can cope with the low oil price for as long as they want, because they are responsible for suppressing prices themselves. they'll reduce the supply and bring up the price eventually, though days of $100+ have gone thanks to shale. Russia doesnt give a shit about Syria other than their military base there and a sence o still being a global geo-political player.

Nothing wrong with making the Saudi's think a little bit more about their disruptive influence in Syria. It doesn't matter to Saudi what may or may not happen to Russia if their country and monarchy is destroyed and it ends up like Iraq, Libya and Syria.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

Been rather a lot of 'investments' in properties and securities that have also had the arse fall out of them due to the price drop. They're not the most competently run economy and the idea that they can just turn the taps off and see oil prices rise when they want to is naive - particularly with Iran back in the game. Saudi no longer sets the floor on price, but their last stab at trying to do so has lowered it - a lot.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This isn't major news. Not even featured on most mainstream press when even Hartlepool are getting a mention this weekend.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
What the Saudis are doing in the Yemen is disgusting. The West is trying to oust Assad for less. Will they call for regime change in Saudi Arabia too?

Will they f***.

Maybe we should all be asking ourselves why?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here