Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK v Chelsea- BBC- JFC starts

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is the sort of performance you'd expect of a plucky non-league or League Two side in this position, not a Championship club.

MK's defence is an absolute embarrassment, closely followed by their midfield (sorry, JFC) and then the striker who isn't Murphy.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Jonny Williams' hairline is receding incredibly for a 21(?) year old!

JFC has been alright, but he's been part of the tactical problem. There has been no thought of the defensive side of the game, no thought or preparation to prepare for the movement of Chelsea and no intent to get tight. They've allowed Chelsea to play, which is madness.

But on the plus side, it's made this a game worth watching. Often these games are boring with the minnows fighting hard to draw 0-0, I'd much prefer this kind of approach where we see some goals, watch a generally unlikable club get a pasting and listen to Mark Lawrenson really, seriously, enjoying himself.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ahhh, just when you thought the "Dons" couldn't be any more dislikable, here comes the man who turned down Real Madrid for Milton Keynes.

At least, I assume he did, as there can't be any other reason why a world class player like Jonny would be on the bench for a Championship side, rather than getting ready for the next round of the Champions League.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Jonathan Williams? Didn't Palace use to have a world-beating midfield wizard of the same name? What a strange coincidence.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Jonathan Williams? Didn't Palace use to have a world-beating midfield wizard of the same name? What a strange coincidence.

No, it's one and the same.

MK Dons beat off Read Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Bognor Regis Town to secure this outstanding talent.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

When are they going to bring him on? I heard his name mentioned as a forthcoming substitution, but not in the ten minutes or so since. I assume they changed their mind.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sure I saw him enter the field. Havnt seen him since. Must have been mistaken.

For a split second I thought he'd touched the ball, then I realised the commentator was talking about Willian.

Go, Jonny, go, go!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here