rea-l229-2928051_478x359.jpg

Glen Rea
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 30th January 2016
by James Hilsum
It was really good and I’ve added experience to my own game since I came back."
Glen Rea
Brighton & Hove Albion defender Glen Rea is enjoying being back at the club following his recent loan spell at Southend United and feels he has returned as an improved player.
Rea made a total of 15 appearances for the Shrimpers before coming back to Albion in January, and most recently played the full 90 minutes in the under-21s’ goalless draw with West Bromwich Albion on Monday.
He said, “The experience I had was priceless and I enjoyed my time playing at Southend. It was really good and I’ve added experience to my own game since I came back.
“It’s good to get games playing here for the under-21s. I thought we were unlucky not to win on Monday because their goalkeeper made a great save at the end.
“On the balance of play, we should’ve won the game because they didn’t have many chances. Christian [Walton] pulled off a couple of good saves but on the whole we should’ve picked up the win,
“To keep a clean sheet is always excellent for the defence. The whole team did well, we were compact and kept our shape well as a team.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The 21-year-old is now eager to break into the first team at Albion and believes his team-mate Walton would have gained plenty from his recent loan move to Plymouth.
“I’m just going to keep working hard in training and every time I play for the under-21s, I’ll keep doing my best.
“The gaffer said I’ve been training well. I do need to get some more experience, but we’ll see what happens.
“Chris and I live together and we’re really close friends. I thought he did well and the experience he has of going out on loan has been brilliant.
“It’s vital for us to play in these games since we’ve been back, because they’re very physical tests against very good teams.”[h=3]ALBION V BRENTFORD
[/h]FRIDAY 5TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOLTON WANDERERS
[/h]SATURDAY 13TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS UNITED
[/h]MONDAY 29TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills