towell-l229-2923966_478x359.jpg

Richie Towell
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
14:27 27th January 2016
by James Hilsum
I just need to work hard on the training ground and keep pushing."
Richie Towell
Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Richie Towell enjoyed a valuable run out for the under-21s in their 0-0 draw with West Bromwich Albion on Monday night.

The Irishman played the full game against the Baggies and is now eager to build on his one first-team appearance against Hull City in the FA Cup.He said, “I thought we played well, they’re a decent side, but we controlled the game in spells and had good chances to win it. On a personal level, it was good to get 90 minutes under my belt.
“I feel like I’m getting a bit sharper playing in a more natural position and it felt a lot better. I’ve been playing a bit higher compared to recent weeks and it was good to get back to a position that I’m used to, so I enjoyed it a lot more.
“If I keep getting some minutes under my belt and I get sharper, then hopefully I can keep knocking on the manager’s door.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Towell admits he should have added his name to the score-sheet with a chance late in the second half, but was denied by a brilliant save from Baggies keeper Jack Rose.“I thought James Tilley had done really well, he picked me out perfectly and I probably should’ve scored, but the keeper has made a decent save, so I can’t be too critical.”
Towell will have to wait at least another week to potentially get some more minutes for the first team with no game scheduled this weekend.
“For me personally, I haven’t played the volume of games that the others have had, but the rest has probably come at a good time after we picked up a few knocks.
“I’m sure the lads are happy with the break so they can recover. I just need to work hard on the training ground and keep pushing. I’m looking forward to another good week’s training and then we go again.”
[h=3]ALBION V BRENTFORD
[/h]FRIDAY 5TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOLTON WANDERERS
[/h]SATURDAY 13TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS UNITED
[/h]MONDAY 29TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here