Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

******* women and cars

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Because I'd like her to actually do something for herself for a change instead of relying on me?

I get quite a lot of phone calls from her along the lines of "what does it mean if......?" and "what happens when I do......?"

I've been trying to teach her the basics but nothing has sunken in obviously. So this should just be another thing to add to the already long list of stuff that I already do for her then?

Not trying to sound patronising in any way but it would be helpful if she even had just a little bit of enthusiasm to things and learn for herself rather than relying on me. Not too much to ask is it? I've got enough to look after without pandering to her all the time thanks.

I think you've got the wrong message board mate. You want Top Gear or Men & Motors or such like.

Quite why you'd come on here and share, in great detail, the lack of respect you have for your partner with a bunch of strangers who happen to support the same footie team you do is beyond me. She might not be an expert in car maintenance but she has my sympathy.

PG

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I think you've got the wrong message board mate. You want Top Gear or Men & Motors or such like.

Quite why you'd come on here and share, in great detail, the lack of respect you have for your partner with a bunch of strangers who happen to support the same footie team you do is beyond me. She might not be an expert in car maintenance but she has my sympathy.

PG

Get a grip, he came on here for advise.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe he's not being particularly serious :shrug:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Quite why you'd come on here and share, in great detail, the lack of respect you have for your partner

PG

The last of respect I have for my partner? Where did you gleam that idea from?

This is the ideal place to vent frustration. No one knows me or her.

I have the utmost respect for her. We've been together for 10 years in August, she makes me laugh a lot and we get on fantastically well, sometimes she pulls a massive mistake out of the bag which pisses me off like this for example.

Some people will laugh along and recount a story that happened to them, some will give sympathy or advice.

Others, like yourself will come along and stick a boot in because of the safety of anonymity. That's fair enough, I can take that, but for you to publicly state that I have a lack of respect for her, the woman I've chosen to spend the rest of my life, to make happy, and given me the most fantastic young daughter makes you a bit of a prick in my eyes.

I've been very calm and collected with her and spoken to her about it, where she went wrong and wiped her eyes and gave her a hug lovingly calling her a prat to cheer her up. But the mistake has still cost me money and a few hours of my precious holiday time from work to put right. This episode has annoyed me but I haven't shown her any frustration. I came on here to vent out.

Would you rather I stayed off here and slapped her around a bit so you didn't have to read this?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Interesting concept, is this a new EU thing?
Apparently so. They want us to be sober when driving too. How we're now supposed to get the courage to take to the road in the first place I have no idea.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Apparently so. They want us to be sober when driving too. How we're now supposed to get the courage to take to the road in the first place I have no idea.

What next, Health & Safety gone crazy .... next you'll be telling me to "clunk click" every trip!

D

Deleted member 22389

The car was towed to my work last night so she dropped me off in my car at 6.30 so I could get the sump plug out and drain the oil out before I started work.

Was a pig of a job as had to use mole grips to undo it but it did come off. She'd over filled it by 1.5 litres.

I left it all morning draining and re filled with oil at lunchtime. A bit smoky for a bit but managed a trip to Crawley and back this evening without any issues and no plumes of smoke out the back.

Think we've got away with it.

From now on I'm going to stop trying to teach her about these things and look after it myself.

Why do some women say they love their car, but don't pay attention to it and then bitch and moan when it breaks down? I know modern cars have all kinds of systems to alert you to possible issues but paying it attention every now and then will help spot issues before they become serious!

From now on I will be checking her car over but it annoys me. A car is usually the second most expensive purchase you will make except for a mortgage. Bloody look after it!

Rant over.

This morning I went to fill up. Driver in front of me was all over the road hesitating then pulled in to the garage. Women got out. Guess what she was driving with an icy windscreen and was manging to drive by looking through a little clear bit at the bottom of her windscreen. I couldn't believe it. Women is going to have a serious accident one day. How can people be so stupid.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I needed a new wiper blade so went to halfords. I could not fit it myself so asked for help. You can guess how embarrassed I felt when a young lady changed it for me. She did have a very nice bottom which made up for it.

I had exactly this situation a couple of weeks ago, except it was my passenger side headlight bulb that had gone. I KNEW it would be an absolute pig to fit, because the battery is very close to the outer casing of the back bit of the headlight that you have to open, making it very awkward to unclip and refit. So as I paid for the bulb in Halfords, I idly enquired how much it would cost to have it fitted. Turned out it would be £7.99 (!!), and it would be about 10-15 minutes before "Katie" would be along to fit it for me. I simply couldn't bear the thought of sitting there like a lemon with the bonnet open while a GIRL fitted my headlight bulb for me, so I said "nah its alright", and made my way to my car, in the Halfords carpark.

It was dark
It was wet
It was windy
It took me 20 minutes
It took the skin off the back of my hand
I swore. A lot.

But in the end, I still felt like a MAN.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This morning I went to fill up. Driver in front of me was all over the road hesitating then pulled in to the garage. Women got out. Guess what she was driving with an icy windscreen and was manging to drive by looking through a little clear bit at the bottom of her windscreen. I couldn't believe it. Women is going to have a serious accident one day. How can people be so stupid.

I've heard people doing that referred to as "tank drivers".

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
It was dark
It was wet
It was windy
It took me 20 minutes
It took the skin off the back of my hand
I swore. A lot.

But in the end, I still felt like a MAN.

I feel sure that if you had insisted, then 'Katie' would have been reassigned elsewhere and they would have sent one out.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm always checking mine and playing and fiddling with it. I've been tuning mine for 18 months (when funds allow) and got from 225bhp to 290bhp. Just need a 3" downpipe and sports cat then I can change map and should hit the magic 320bhp. But that's a different story...

I've still got the hump with her at the minute.

Tunes up boy racer type car but can't help your good lady maintain her 13 year old Astra. :thumbsup:

image.jpg

:)
:moo:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Tunes up boy racer type car but can't help your good lady maintain her 13 year old Astra. :thumbsup:

View attachment 71905

:)
:moo:

I see what you did there.

Couldn't be further from the truth dear boy. Good to see you stereotyping me though!

NSC at its finest.

I have been trying. Even using GIRL language. But it never sunk in obviously. I even tried using the analogy of not overfilling the washing machine as the middle of the load doesn't get washed properly as it's too full and that didn't work. How much simpler could I make it...:moo:

(and it's not a boy racer type car, I have a car that "boy racers" aspire to own. But that could be a whole different thread)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here