Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bamford

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
If he wants PL football it appears that Villa and Norwich are the only PL clubs interested in him.

I suspect that what he wants and what he gets are miles apart and that he will be on loan to a club in the Championship next week.

I would think we have a better chance of being a premier league club next season than Villa.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I would think we have a better chance of being a premier league club next season than Villa.
All of the bookies agree strongly: Brighton are around 3-1 for promotion; Villa are 1-20 to be relegated.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
He won't go to Villa though surely? I was just wondering what prompted BV to suggest it. He'll either go to Norwich, any of us with a strong chance of promotion, or stay at Chelsea. I'll guess the former, assuming it's a permanent deal as per Chelsea's apparent preference.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that his value to us as promotion possibilities would be slightly less than to Middlesbro as he could be gthe iciong on the cake that seals promotion for them, with us he would help get there. Even less so with a team like Leeds in midtable. Perhaps my logic is warped.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think that his value to us as promotion possibilities would be slightly less than to Middlesbro as he could be gthe iciong on the cake that seals promotion for them, with us he would help get there. Even less so with a team like Leeds in midtable. Perhaps my logic is warped.

Are Middlesbrough planning on playing a 2-2-6 formation?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

No, your logic on this occasion is well founded I believe. The return on investment is the important factor so he would definitely be more valuable to 'boro than Leeds. Similarly I don't think for a minute that 'boro would be offering the reported sums for Rhodes and McCormack if it wasn't to effectively seal promotion and next year's TV cash.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here