Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bamford

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If Afobe goes for 10 million..... then Bamford cannot be far of that you would imagine.....

Scored a similar amount of goals in the championship and of similar age, ofcourse Premier League interest ups the price a bit, but wont be far of it.

Chelsea wont give him away

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
That kind of IS the POINT of a loan spell (from the perspective of the loaning team, and the player, at least). Were you expecting to be loaning in the finished article?

Hardly. Maybe there were unrealistic expectations on both sides?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Going back to Bamford, I watched every minute he played for Palace and so wanted him to be a success. I defended him when all around said he was crap, The last game he had for Palace he snatched at a easy chance that most forwards would score (not Palace ones at the moment ! )

I would also say the Shewsbury cup game when he started and was given 90 mins to impress, was one of the laziest dont give a stuff type performances I have seen...and I still defended him to the last. There is a good player in there, but it needs to wake up knuckle down and start performing.

Suspect he didn't fit in with the other players. Didn't someone on Sky say that some football people ( not Palace ) found him arrogant. Imho he has the ability to be better than Adobe.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Suspect there's a touch of the CKR's about him. Naturally talented, bags of potential, but not quite as good as he believes himself to be, and doesn't work at making himself better.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Suspect there's a touch of the CKR's about him. Naturally talented, bags of potential, but not quite as good as he believes himself to be, and doesn't work at making himself better.

Sadly, that's a description that could apply to lots of young players

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sadly, that's a description that could apply to lots of young players

I've just read Ben Smith's book Journeyman. Started at Arsenal, but by his own admission preferred going on the lash with his mates. Bounced around the lower leagues for 15 or so years but realised too late that he's a professional athlete.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I've just read Ben Smith's book Journeyman. Started at Arsenal, but by his own admission preferred going on the lash with his mates. Bounced around the lower leagues for 15 or so years but realised too late that he's a professional athlete.

It's a good read. Particularly the Crawley sections. Steve Evans doesn't come out of it looking too good!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's a good read. Particularly the Crawley sections. Steve Evans doesn't come out of it looking too good!

He managed to suss Evans out quite well. Realised it was all bluff and bluster to make up for a lack of tactical acumen. Evans' greatest ability was to spot a decent player.

Trust him as far as I could throw him, and given Evans' girth......

Has there been in indication of his value or any bids reported anywhere.

Using your football and business backgrounds/knowledge why don't you have a stab at costing this? Purchase price, length of contract, agent's fee, annual costs (salary/NI/pension etc), source(s) of initial and ongoing funding (eg more debt, existing resources, ANO)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The only way he could leave Chelsea is by putting a transfer request. Chelsea have an astonishing amount of players, most of them being on loan - they really care about 1st teamers and always prefer a 'name' like Pato or Falcao rather than develop their own talent via 1st team appearances. There may be a 'buy back' clause but signing Bamford would be better than either Calleri, Bolanos or Bou. He'd score one in two with an experienced strike partner and Lua Lua & Knockers on either wing. A 'value' signing if purchase under £10m. Let's get him!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
BG Thinking he's worth a million, nonsense even by his usual postings.

17 Goals in the Championship, 20 odd the season before.

Given he's the same age as Afobe, who's just sold for £10m, I don't know what you base your opinions on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here