Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bamford

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So how come Spurs are still paying a % of his wages? That's a new one in me - another case of football gone mad I assume and some dodgey deal for the overpaid footballer..?

Just another non-truth from the Nigels to make themselves feel better. A bit like the laughable claim that they signed Murray 'on a free' from us.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Would be pleased with Bamford but can't help feeling there are a number of other clubs in the Premier League and Championship who would think he is taking a chance on and would be surprised if we beat them.

If we do sign a striker, I still think it will be from abroad (although Europe not South America) and we won't have heard of him.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
From what I saw he totally believes he is destined for great things with Chelsea.

His, admittedly rare, appearances for us suggested he is utterly deluded if he believes that. In the main he looked disinterested, off the pace of premier football, and a bit of a cock.

Having said that, he was blinding in the Championship last season. Maybe that's his current level, he may yet come good and go on to have a successful career in the Premier League. On this seasons performances alone I'd question that.

Who is "us"?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bamford for me is just the sort we should be after if we are going to throw a bit of cash around.
No idea what Chelsea want though, so may not be viable.

Young, english, will improve, and keen as mustard to get his career on the move you would hope

I would play him with Wilson.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
From what I saw he totally believes he is destined for great things with Chelsea.

His, admittedly rare, appearances for us suggested he is utterly deluded if he believes that. In the main he looked disinterested, off the pace of premier football, and a bit of a cock.

Having said that, he was blinding in the Championship last season. Maybe that's his current level, he may yet come good and go on to have a successful career in the Premier League. On this seasons performances alone I'd question that.

His problem I believe at Palace was playing 1 up top... it was too big an ask for a young man to do the role Palace were asking.

He needs to play in a front 2, there are not many young man around who could play the lone striker role in the Premier league.

He had a couple of decent chances which he snatched at but I think hes a decent player.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So how come Spurs are still paying a % of his wages? That's a new one in me - another case of football gone mad I assume and some dodgey deal for the overpaid footballer..?

I thought that was in the terms of his release as it was mentioned when Villa were interested. Didnt I read the same thing has happened with Ashley Cole and LA and Roma making up his wages to the end of what was his contract length. This was because LA couldnt pay him a huge wage due to having their allocation of high earners already.,

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
His problem I believe at Palace was playing 1 up top... it was too big an ask for a young man to do the role Palace were asking.

He needs to play in a front 2, there are not many young man around who could play the lone striker role in the Premier league.

He had a couple of decent chances which he snatched at but I think hes a decent player.

Agreed, seems that Chelsea thought he'd get a few months coaching on the job from Murray.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agreed, seems that Chelsea thought he'd get a few months coaching on the job from Murray.

Murray has the interpersonal skills of a dead badger, so I doubt it...

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Ticks a lot of boxes this one. Right age, potential for improvement (therefore re-sale value) and has a good Championship record. it's a yes from me.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

That kind of IS the POINT of a loan spell (from the perspective of the loaning team, and the player, at least). Were you expecting to be loaning in the finished article?

No different to Wilson with us. It works for all parties, though in my opinion United are getting the best of the deal. Wilson will improve hugely over the course of his time here.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Bamford was excellent at MK Dons, Derby and Boro. He has played well against us. He comes from a wealthy family that made JCBs. There were various reasons, I imagine, why he didn't do it at CP. A great prospect whatever.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Going back to Bamford, I watched every minute he played for Palace and so wanted him to be a success. I defended him when all around said he was crap, The last game he had for Palace he snatched at a easy chance that most forwards would score (not Palace ones at the moment ! )

I would also say the Shewsbury cup game when he started and was given 90 mins to impress, was one of the laziest dont give a stuff type performances I have seen...and I still defended him to the last. There is a good player in there, but it needs to wake up knuckle down and start performing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here