Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there actually any truth in the Glenn Murray speculation?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Interestingly, I heard last week that he was training with us until the last possible moment for a 93 day loan. Friend of a friend thing I dismissed at the time. Probably mentioned in this thread I haven't read by others but it is the first time I have heard a rumour this way before.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
A couple of days ago Murray tweeted to tommy Elphick one of us is being dragged here again, then the rolling eyes and tears of joy smileys. I thought he was being Sarcastic because he had seen this thread somehow. Maybe there is something in it.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
A couple of days ago Murray tweeted to tommy Elphick one of us is being dragged here again, then the rolling eyes and tears of joy smileys. I thought he was being Sarcastic because he had seen this thread somehow. Maybe there is something in it.
I think it will happen. My problem is we have 5 games before the end of February and the lack of a better striker before then could really hurt us.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Even at 32, GM will be an excellent signing. Big, mobile, great header and can 'win' free kicks and penalties and score goals. PROVEN goalscorer with our club and Palace. Lives locally and probably feels he has some unfinished business with the Albion, just like Bobby. Only ever go back for real quality and Murray has it. As others have said... Underwhelmed! WTF!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Firstly, he would of course be the FOURTH player in the squad to have come back after a Premiership career, Andy Naylor forgot Andrew Crofts.

Where would we have been now if we had paid a bit more and kept him when Poyet was the manager? Probably been up and come back down, maybe twice.

He only transferred for £4m to Bournmouth and would do a good job for at least two and a half seasons so just bloody get him now and watch us win games by more than one goal. Our goal difference will probably be worth a point at the end of the season.

Once again. Even if we wanted to get him now we couldnt. He has played for 2 clubs this season already therefore he can only leave bournemouth on an emergency loan deal

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Looks like a possible loan. So no permanent striker then. Great. That's just what we need.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd rather have Murray for the end of Feb than pretty well any other realistic possibility that has been mentioned. There is no much out there without taking a risk and investing ridiculous money which was never going to happen IMO.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Looks like a possible loan. So no permanent striker then. Great. That's just what we need.

Murray is a guaranteed goalscorer likely to be within our budget who can hit the ground running, he is exactly what we need. I can't think of anyone better within our budget.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Good player and would be what we need as he has showed with service he can score. We have seen it 1st hand and unfortunately we have seen other clubs also benefit from his goals. Only concern with waiting is anything can happen between now and the end of Feb, such as injuries which may mean he stays at Bournemouth and we go without for rest of the season. But if the club does not think there is anything better out there then so be it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe we could do 'the Dobbie Dodge' and have a small break in the middle of the 93 days ( around the international break ) in order to enable the loan to start earlier ??? ??? ???

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
If Murray comes back it would be ideal. Some people seem to delude themselves that it's easy to sign a high class permanent striker in January and the club are just 'being tight'. Rather him than Rhodes who is being touted at £12m+

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Elvis is a permanent signing. Sam Baldock's a permanent signing. So is Tomer and so was CMS. Permanent means **** all in modern football and our current situation. Proven does.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Would be surprised but not disappointed. Certainly don't think he is our number one option but a very good back-up plan. I know we've been offered GM before (when he went on loan to Reading) and we weren't interested at the time.

He would certainly be keen to come back and a motivated Glenn Murray would be a great addiction in this league...

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Dirty boy! He did a very, very, dark and evil thing. A thing that any blue and white blooded Sussex man will find it very hard, if not impossible to forgive. But f*** all that, we need goals. Come back Glenn (ya b*****d). Seeeeaaaagguullls!!! #TaintedLove.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Murray comes back it would be ideal. Some people seem to delude themselves that it's easy to sign a high class permanent striker in January and the club are just 'being tight'. Rather him than Rhodes who is being touted at £12m+

Certainly Murray rather than McCormack who sounds like he has an attitude that could undermine the dressing room. I can live with GM not clapping me at the end of a game though :wink:

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Well there you go, sounds like it's been leaked by the club to prevent a meltdown when we don't sign anyone. Hope he doesn't get injured....

Much better to borrow a proven forward in Murray for 3 months than spend 7 million and risk another Elvis. Murray and Wilson with BZ off the bench could be class.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Like many on here, I can't see any better options and let's face it he's been an outstanding striker over the years. Certainly Poyets biggest mistake player wise.

He scored the winner at Chelsea this season as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here