Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there actually any truth in the Glenn Murray speculation?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Not in my house, he's palace scum, don't want him don't need him

He left us because Tony would not give him a pay rise,, one that he deserved for his goals that got us promoted, Glenn then went on to get palace promoted to the PL with 20 goals before Christmas that season and over 30 by the end of it proving our chairman wrong. We all have the right to change jobs for more money. We would be where palace are now if Tony had let Gus Manage the Football side of the operation as a manager should be allowed to do.We would have achieved back to back promotion and had P L money coming in for the last 5 years, look how close we came without a decent striker. Tony fecked up big time, the club would be self funding in the P L instead of costing him 10million a season in the 2nd division but I am sure he is aware of that. Southampton kept there main striker /goal scorer Lambert and achieved back to back promotion the season we should have done I wonder why, look where they are now and even Bournemouth are above us how long before Pompey achieve the same again. Our chairman really does lack ambition or knowledge of how to run a football club I am not sure which is true

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Murray scores the goal that takes us up in to the premiership, he will be the toast of the town. People who bare grudges are very sad little people.
That's going to be Zamora's 100th albion goal, which will also be his 200th career goal.

In The Stars.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If nothing else, Murray knows better than most of our current team exactly where the goals are at the Amex, and he's never once given it large when scoring here.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
True.....
and no one can blame Murray for going to Palace and taking the dosh, but for a lifelong Albion fan like me for whom the game is all about passion, his return may be convenient for all concerned - but the love has gone and will not return.

It feels a bit like a beautiful relationship breaking up acrimoniously with former partners meeting years later and believing they can put it back together.

Comfortable but no spark left.

Sorry Mr Murray, but no thanks.

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Murray was on about £4k we offered him about £7.5k Palarse offered him £12k, but he said he would stay for £9k. Bloom asked Poyet if he was worth paying £9k and Poyet said no, let him go. I have reason to believe that this was the scenario.

Poyet didn't want him.

Bloom has made it clear that it was Poyet's decision to let Murray leave.

albionsam

Mar 25, 2014
He left us because Tony would not give him a pay rise,, one that he deserved for his goals that got us promoted, Glenn then went on to get palace promoted to the PL with 20 goals before Christmas that season and over 30 by the end of it proving our chairman wrong. We all have the right to change jobs for more money. We would be where palace are now if Tony had let Gus Manage the Football side of the operation as a manager should be allowed to do.We would have achieved back to back promotion and had P L money coming in for the last 5 years, look how close we came without a decent striker. Tony fecked up big time, the club would be self funding in the P L instead of costing him 10million a season in the 2nd division but I am sure he knows that

He does have the right to change his employer and increase his wages, but I have the right to hate him and not want him back in our shirt

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
He does have the right to change his employer and increase his wages, but I have the right to hate him and not want him back in our shirt

You do but we also need strikers, and I assure you I also hate the scum anything blue and red is dirty, but the truth is Glenn did not want to leave us . I also can`t see muff letting Glenn go as there chairman has ambition to stay in the P L Tony is happy for us to stay in the 2nd division

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If nothing else, Murray knows better than most of our current team exactly where the goals are at the Amex, and he's never once given it large when scoring here.

Mujahedeen Muzza HAS behaved impeccably in and around Brighton 'city' and football club since he left, and for that I applaud him. Rumour seems to suggest he, or his agent, is trying to engineer this move to the Amex rather than the club. Well hard luck Glenn, if you had gone Brighton- Anyclub-Palace then no problem, but you crossed the line and did Us - Them up the road. IF he ends up back here then I will not boo or abuse him, I will just treat any goals like own goals from the opposition.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
How can anyone hate Glenn Murray, its true he underachieved in the first season or so at the Withdean and there was always a bit of a suspicion he only really got going in his final year of his contract as a few players do but he did carry an injury he finally succumbed to when micky adams was manager and as soon as we got better players around him and the team got real focus under Gus and he got properly fit again, he really showed his mettle and was brilliant, he didn't want to go but whatever happened you cant blame him for wanting to get a decent wage, yes id rather he hadn't played for palace but at least they wanted him, we seemingly didn't think he was worth another chance at a contract, the bottom line is hes still better than hemed for example, hes got a touch of class and he does know where the onion bag is at this level. I could think of worse signings.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
BMuff talking 'down' to us. My word who'd have thought it - won't last long though.. :lol:

Only Pompey below us on the south coast we are doing really well under our new chairman even muff are above us , well done Tony bring back dick tight for ****s sake entertaining football is far better than a shiny new stadium

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Im split on this one. one hand I don t want him let sleeping dogs lie he s no legend at our club lets move on.but if he helped go up id see it as him righting his wrongs for taking them twats up especially as they are lacking fire power now just would be so funny.But knowing us we d sign him and his goals dry up we persist with him and end up finishing 7th and them twats would have the last laugh.**** it don t want him

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
And he`ll get us god knows how many fouls with his trademark "fall forward to the ground like uve been shot as soon as the defender touches you from behind" trick, which he taught Ashley Barnes to do to great effect too. he apparently lived or still lives in brighton despite playing for the old enemy too, no-one does that if they don't have a soft spot for the place.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Bloom has made it clear that it was Poyet's decision to let Murray leave.

and on the evidence of his first year there, it was justified as he didnt make much impact. as noted, he didnt celebrate his goals at the Amex, so some credit due there. some wont like his return 0which is to expected and understood, though no need to get too pent up about it too much, he was Brighton first.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
If Murray scores the goal that takes us up in to the premiership, he will be the toast of the town. People who bare grudges are very sad little people.

Or steps up to take a penalty in the play off final and misses.... That's more likely?! Palace fans would be in another world, whilst this place goes into meltdown.

Whatever happens if he puts back on an Albion shirt I'd support him, football fans are fickle after all. Maybe you could do a poll on that?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Or steps up to take a penalty in the play off final and misses.... That's more likely?! Palace fans would be in another world, whilst this place goes into meltdown.

Whatever happens if he puts back on an Albion shirt I'd support him, football fans are fickle after all. Maybe you could do a poll on that?

A poll on how fickle football fans are?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here