Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Sidwell has signed - *Official*

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
So how does this work then?

He's signed on loan to the end of the season - when his contract is up at Stoke so then he becomes a free agent.

Will it have been left that everyone plays it by ear in the summer or is it likely that he chose us because there's some kind of extension option already in place for next season which can't be a public part of this deal due to his current contract?

September Seagull

It's Tricky
Jan 25, 2016
Patcham
Good signing given his experience. Plenty of competition for places in midfield now. I know loan deals arent always good but in this case it's right for both club and player. If we can bring in a striker of similar ilk we will be well on our way to gaining promotion.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Apologies if someone has already highlighted this, but I understand Kayal is carrying quite a bad hip injury, and has been for a couple of months.

I don't know if he needs surgery, but he could probably do with a rest to let it heal.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
"chomping at the bit and ready to go"
married to a Brighton girl
hard as nails whats not to like

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
He's no better than what we already have, he has hardly kicked a ball all season and chose Reading over us.

He's a walking sicknote and is bound to come into the club with his billy big bollox attitude and is only here for the payday.

Would rather use the wages on a forward and/or left-back.

------------

Will that do?

That should do it:)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hopefully he was not made too hoofey by Stoke.

I'm no Premier League fan (yet!) but I thought they played quite attractive football these days? I haven't seen Stoke play since they stuffed us I must add

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm no Premier League fan (yet!) but I thought they played quite attractive football these days? I haven't seen Stoke play since they stuffed us I must add

I recently watched them absolutely play Man Utd off the park. They were excellent that day.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Hopefully, as I believe he is shadow of the player he was as his injuries have taken their toll and he is now not good enough even for the bench.

Stokes current midfield is excellent. Thats why he can't get a game. I think they had brilliant recruitment during the last few transfer windows

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I recently watched them absolutely play Man Utd off the park. They were excellent that day.
....and this is exactly why sidwell can't get in their team !!

Still a great option for us though. Bit of grit and nastiness in the middle.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
By the end of the season with games against Derby and Boro and the play-offs the signing seems essential. We can't risk injuries derailing the whole season like 2013-14.

When we play the better teams we cannot risk being outnumbered in midfield with 4-4-2 (4-2-4). An extra midfielder and I think we get better out of Kayal and Stephens.

I would not mind signing another defender (left-sided and not slow like Mertesacker for Arsenal) as well to cover for injuries.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What a good signing.

Reckon a Kayal-Stephens-Sidwell midfield can go up to Hull and return with 3 points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here