Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The X Files reboot

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Reboot starts on terrestrial TV with Episode 1 at 9pm Monday, Channel 5

( at 8:30 there is an introduction show to the new series ).

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In readiness for tomorrows start, 5*, no me neither, are currently running 'Greatest Ever Episodes'.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Well I have it set to series record already :thumbsup:

Reviews seem good so far, particularly for the second & third episodes. Yep, I'm genuinely excited :lol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Started to rewatch all the alien plot line stories ( along with a few others ) as haven't time to watch all 202 previous episodes.

All good stuff, looking forward to watching the new 6 once I've caught up.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I'd forgotten about the old episodes being shown again until last night.

That's this afternoon's viewing sorted then.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Well I liked it. Undoubtedly not going to be the series peak, lots of reintroductions & scene setting, perhaps some slightly nervous script-writing.

But it guaranteed I'll watch again (particularly as the reviews from episodes 2 & 3 in the US have been great). And I did chuckle at the Cigarette Smoking Man's unexpected appearance at the end :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As someone who has never seen a single minute of X Files, should I start at the beginning, start with the new ones or just not bother with any of it?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Ripe dialogue, absurd exposition,.hillarious.melodrama, utterly compelling, tip top entertainment. Loved it.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
As someone who has never seen a single minute of X Files, should I start at the beginning, start with the new ones or just not bother with any of it?

The first few series are good fun

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well there's 200 episodes so it depends how much you like scifi. They vary in style, different people like different ones.

A lot are stand alone, but the ongoing story episodes are these :

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mythology_of_The_X-Files

There are also some other excellent stand alone ones, and overall series 8 and 9 are the weakest, mainly because of less involvement from the original cast.

And I think the reboot would be perfectly watchable without seeing any of the old stuff.

SwedishSonna

Aug 9, 2005
Newcastle upon Tyne
I binge watched all 202 episodes over the last few months (US Netflix) and both films in preparation for this. I Did watch a few episodes in the late 90's but eventually lost track of it.

The new series is great. Episode 3 is HILARIOUS. Had me laughing all the way through it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
glad its back

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

There are lists available online to provide routes through the series - either myth-arc or monster of the week stylee.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Watched most of it, but our satellite signal was playing up, so it got a bit jumpy & kept pausing. Really enjoyed it though & good to see it back on our screens. Although I really don't fancy Scully anymore.... :eek:(

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Watched most of it, but our satellite signal was playing up, so it got a bit jumpy & kept pausing. Really enjoyed it though & good to see it back on our screens. Although I really don't fancy Scully anymore.... :eek:(

She looks strangely alien.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here