Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The X Files reboot

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
They always threw in a 'spoof' episode, probably even 1 per series.

As much as they are a bit shite, I still enjoy them.
Coming up we'll get really heavy episodes weighed down by dialogue, conspiracy and counter conspiracy.
Those will pretty much disappear up it's own backside, as they'll be lacking in actual plot.

2 sides of the same coin.

That said I think The X-Files has always been at it's best when investigating one-off creepy cases.
I remember many of these, even though they were almost 20 years ago:-

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/greatest-x-files-episodes/

Was that episode 3 you saw last night? I thought it was good fun. I will be watching episode 6 this evening, 4 and 5 are devoid of conspiracies too but it sounds like 6 is a continuation from episode 1.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Last night's episode of The X-Files started badly, tailed off towards the middle, and the less said about the end the better.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Have only seen the first 4 and to be honest I am very dissapointed in them all. A bit of a wasted oportunity I think, with only 6 episodes I was hoping for something really special, but the first 4 have been very average episodes. One thing though, its not a reboot, its a continuation with the same cast, writers etc.
I will watch the last 2 episodes, and hope for more next year, as average x files are better than a lot of other shows and always entertaining.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But seeing GA getting semi naked & banged against the wall kinda made up for it....
Name something that couldn't be improved by seeing GA getting semi naked & banged against the wall?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Watched episode 3 last night and I thought it was great. The way they spoof themselves was brilliant.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Seen the first five eps of Season 11. Confusing, but far superior to the 2016 version.
Some old faces alive on screen again.

First five minutes of the first episode need re-viewing...and again...info & hyperbole overload

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Excellent.

Probably should have re-watched the last episode of season 10 first though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here