Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Brighton a post-Paris terror target?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Spending Christmas with the inlaws, I was surprised to see armed police in the Meadowhall shopping centre. It doesn't seem right, in this country, to see police walking around with side arms & rifles.

Work or live in London and armed police have been on the streets for years and dont think anything of it now as so common.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Work or live in London and armed police have been on the streets for years and dont think anything of it now as so common.

I would almost expect it on the capital city's streets, but it seemed very incongruous in a shopping centre, surrounded by Christmas decorations.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It made it to @bhcitynews as did the New Church Road incident.

In that case . . .

beaker-o.gif

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
This is the bit I like

"The pilots were said to be unaware that Channel 121, the Mayday channel used to broadcast emergencies which they were using, was being monitored."

yeah, pilots don't think the Mayday channel is monitored :lolol:

who makes this crap up?

Ah, the Express

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Probably thinking "Where can we go and kill people in the name of the religion of peace but be welcomed with open arms by a City full of liberal lefty hand wringers and students who think its "Right On" to allow anyone and everyone from anywhere into the Country and expect the tax payer to foot the bill". And anyone who dare speak their mind and disagree with this ideology is now branded "Raaacist"!!! And their supreme leader (Corbyn) even thinks terrorists are victims of nasty oppression and are freedom fighters!
Can see exactly why they thought of Brighton!!!

Sorry , I think I gave a thumbs down by mistake , definitely a .:thumbsup: from me

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
98u25f.jpg

Even today it mentions freak weather on the front page. The newspaper is solely made for old people who are too scared to leave the house.

Only two front page mentions of the 'much loved Queen of Hearts'? Journalistic standards are slipping........

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Even today it mentions freak weather on the front page. The newspaper is solely made for old people who are too scared to leave the house.

3 of those front pages also feature some sort of update on arthritis. It's also comforting to know the SAS had know involvement in Diana's death.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Only two front page mentions of the 'much loved Queen of Hearts'? Journalistic standards are slipping........

They're not consecutive pages though. I'm confident you'd have found the beloved QoH featuring plenty of times during the timespan covered by these particular pages. She'd be disappointed to learn that these days she has to share space with Madeleine McCann and the Duchess of Cambridge, but, you know. Different times.

Thanks to the Express, though, if ever I have a difficult decision to make in life, I simply ask myself: "What would Diana do?" and immediately know the answer.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
This is the bit I like

"The pilots were said to be unaware that Channel 121, the Mayday channel used to broadcast emergencies which they were using, was being monitored."

yeah, pilots don't think the Mayday channel is monitored :lolol:

who makes this crap up?

Ah, the Express
That's what made me laugh. Surely that's the most monitored/open channel ever!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Plans were also in place to blow up and wreck large parts of Croydon, but ISIS were concerned nobody would notice.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'd be surprised reprised if uber liberal, gay friendly and raffia mat weaving Brighton wasn't on the Jihadis radar. Ipswich on the other hand? What have that bunch of carrot crunchers, dim bulbs and nut jobs done to offend Allah?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
They're not consecutive pages though. I'm confident you'd have found the beloved QoH featuring plenty of times during the timespan covered by these particular pages. She'd be disappointed to learn that these days she has to share space with Madeleine McCann and the Duchess of Cambridge, but, you know. Different times.

Thanks to the Express, though, if ever I have a difficult decision to make in life, I simply ask myself: "What would Diana do?" and immediately know the answer.

In that case you would resolve all of life's quandaries by sleeping with a Pakistani heart surgeon or getting impregnated by a ginger and having a son who looks nothing at all like your husband.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In that case you would resolve all of life's quandaries by sleeping with a Pakistani heart surgeon or getting impregnated by a ginger and having a son who looks nothing at all like your husband.

Don't leave Dodi & Will Carling out of this!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here