Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Brighton a post-Paris terror target?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'd be surprised reprised if uber liberal, gay friendly and raffia mat weaving Brighton wasn't on the Jihadis radar. Ipswich on the other hand? What have that bunch of carrot crunchers, dim bulbs and nut jobs done to offend Allah?

Banners. Jihadis love banners and hate competition.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Permissive society, bohemian, gay capital of the UK, hedonistic. Exactly what IS look for in a target.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Not that its needed but I have yet more skepticism having now read the article:
The conversation was intercepted by RAF operators based at the National Air Traffic Services (NATS) Control Centre in Hampshire - I'm pretty sure Swannick (National Air Traffic Services (NATS) Control Centre in Hampshire) is civilian only and manages air traffic in UK air space only. Can't imagine there'd be an RAF there as Military ATC has their own team. This is radio comms and on channell 121 [mayday] might have been monitored by RAF [but not at Swannick]

A senior RAF source added: “Alarm bells rang after several communications in code involving overseas airline pilots were picked up by chance. - I can't imagine ANYONE senior in the military would make any public statement on the matter.

To train & qualify as a pilot you really need to be better than stupid. To think that the 121 mayday channel would not be monitored is STUPID !

My last though on the matter - this is a double-bluff message to all airline pilots "WE MIGHT BE LISTENING TO YOU!"

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Surprised the OP hasn't fallen foul of the selective auto bin policy on some topics .. must have some sort of immunity :D:whistle:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All they said was Paris was 'the capital of prostitution and obscenity'. You would have thought Amsterdam was on their list way long before us and Ipswich! :)

No idea. They don't strike me as much of a "brains operation".

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
98u25f.jpg

All highly plausable (to your average nitwit).

So what about the actual bad news?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here