Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Henrik Bjørdal sings until June 2018

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Give me one example of a "young lad" we have signed that has played in the first team when signed for the development squad.

Your negativity is ridiculous. Anyone who moans about this signing is genuinely pathetic. He is very highly rated, has played over 50 games for a European team in their top league, was very cheap in today's market and is only 18 years old. Yes, obviously there is a chance that it won't work out but how people can complain about the club making an attempt to increase their youth talent and plan ahead for the future absolutely baffles me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate that these gambles have to be taken as if you turn down the opportunity to sign the next big thing before they're big, you'll be kicking yourself when they go on to be worth astronomical fees. It's just that I can't think of any examples of young foreign talent we've ever profited from.
That's because we haven't been doing it long.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Could be a failure. Could be the next Solskjear. (Is that how you spell it ?)

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Your negativity is ridiculous. Anyone who moans about this signing is genuinely pathetic. He is very highly rated, has played over 50 games for a European team in their top league, was very cheap in today's market and is only 18 years old. Yes, obviously there is a chance that it won't work out but how people can complain about the club making an attempt to increase their youth talent and plan ahead for the future absolutely baffles me.

Ive not complained about the signed at all, just said he is one for the future and not now. the comment I replied too suggested he had been signed for the 1st team which I disagreed with. Im very happy with the signing and happy the club is building for the future and I hope he turns out to be as good as people say.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I forgot about some of those as they were a while back. its good though we are building a healthy set of youngsters for the future.
I think it was more of a case you having a pop at the club rather than forgetting. I did find Tekanne list of players funny though.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He followed our official Twitter page this morning so I would imagine it is almost complete. A lot of stuff flying about regarding his potential and how underrated he is so will be another addition to the already talented development academy. Also, just found he's played alongside Martin Odegaard (now at Real Madrid)

Is that a good thing, or a bad thing? - One year on, Martin Odegaard has been a disaster

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
I asked an Aalsunds fan and friend of Bjordal's about what we should expect from our new man.

He said: "Henrik has many strong sides. He's very physical and strong, he wins a lot of duels. He's always working hard, running his ass off whenever he's on the pitch. Also, he's got a very intelligent football brain, he adapts very well with his teammates, delivering brilliant passes and going on smart runs. He's not afraid to dribble or take a shot, but his technique isn't flawless, that's something he could work on. Keep in mind, while he's got a lot of experience already, he's still raw so his performances will not always be consistent. His talent is unquestionable, though. Let's see if he can adapt to your U21's and take it from there!"

Sounds pretty promising I'd say, with a hint of possible bias kept in mind considering he's his friend!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Apparently played for a junior team called VALDER and, as a wise man often says "There's always a Valder!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here