Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Henrik Bjørdal sings until June 2018

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
And the lad himself is on record as being promised he's signing to go 'straight into the A squad'.

the truth will be somewhere in between. He'll be in the first team reckoning asap, but he'll have to prove his worth and fitness in at least a couple of U21 games first.

Not a chance, he wont be anywhere near the first team for at least 18 months to 2 years min. Not a chance.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
6ft 2, can play striker as well.

Definite competition for Elvis.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Give it time BG - Isn't this our first season in the new higher division, thanks for the academy status. The club themselves said in as many words it will take time and they'll struggle at first. Rome wasn't built in a day....

Also, the Argus article makes the good point about us preparing for the loan window scrap next season - the development squad is where we will rely on injury cover, so I expect the likes of this lad, Hambo, Harper etc have also been signed with one eye on that. Can only be a good thing for football in general this loan window scrap IMO...

I agree about the loan window and believe it should be modified to allow 1 signing only for 1 month exactly as it says an emergency loan to get over an injury on production of medical certificate and not to cover a suspension. Permission to be sought from FL not automatically granted.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And the lad himself is on record as being promised he's signing to go 'straight into the A squad'.

the truth will be somewhere in between. He'll be in the first team reckoning asap, but he'll have to prove his worth and fitness in at least a couple of U21 games first.

Might be interpretation - the 'A' squad is quite often used to describe the second string............(or was until daft things like 'Lions' and 'Saxons' started getting used by England at least)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brighton & Hove Albion have completed the signing of Norwegian under-21 international Henrik Rorvik Bjordal from Aalesunds FK for an undisclosed fee, subject to international clearance.

Right winger Bjordal passed a medical at the American Express Elite Performance Centre yesterday and has signed a contract until June 2018.

The 18-year-old will initially be part of the under-21 squad, and manager Chris Hughton says Bjordal's next aim is to break into the club's first-team squad.

He said, "I'm delighted to welcome Henrik to the club. He's an exciting young prospect, a quick player who can play as a winger or attacking midfielder.

"He already has a good deal of experience for his age having played a great number of games at senior level in Norway's top division.

"He broke through to the senior team in Norway at a very young age and established himself quickly at his club; here, he will begin with our under-21 squad, and has the opportunity to make that step up into our first-team squad."

Bjordal came through the ranks at Aalesunds and has been a regular in the senior side over the past two seasons, having broken into the first-team aged just 16 in 2013.

He made his debut for the club back in May 2013, as the club recorded an emphatic 7-1 win over Lillestrom; his breakthrough campaign came in the 2014 season, when he made a total of 25 appearances.

He was ever present in 2015 and has made 60 first-team appearances in three seasons, including 54 in the Norwegian Tippeligaen, scoring four goals; he has also represented Norway at every youth team level from the under-15s to the under-21s.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Good to see the scouting network in Scandinavia but lets see. Very, very few of our development squad signings ever make it.

Lets be honest here. Very few of ANY teams dev squad signings ever make it.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Welcome Henrik!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
CZuhOhnWAAAbT1P.jpg

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sounds promising. Hope he starts well and makes the breakthrough. Unlike some on here, I'm really pleased we're looking across Europe for promising young players. The academy might not pay off immediately but there players are worth a go and if a couple of Harper, Hambo, Bjordal and the ones we've got from Premier League clubs breakthrough, it will be well worth the investment.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
A surprising number of people on here must watch Norwegian football as it seems their minds have already been made up that he'll 'never make the first team'.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
£400,000 is a lot for a development squad signing so I could only hope/imagine that he will be there for a limited period.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'm just amazed that he wasn't even born when the Goldstone Troubles were reaching their height. I suddenly feel very old.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here